Menu
Nazi Propaganda Posters in WWII
Aug 10, 2009 07:35
GUEST37172 I forgot, i also like Chinese Mao propaganda posters. Even if Hitler was smarter, both where powerful men.

Almost forgotten today, show respect.
Aug 11, 2009 02:02
  • ANGIE88
Make me think about a bar called Propaganda...
Aug 14, 2009 20:36
  • LARRYBOY
Johnny the first one is when Hindenburg was president of Germany and Hitler at that time became Chancellor under Hindenburg. The 2 became one but Hitler was wating for Hindenburg to die so to take control.
#2More or less it says our dear country Germany"
#3This is a movie poster about Victory is Great
#4 and #5 are a little bit difficult, this German is from the 30s and is not like the german of today. I will have to get back you on these 2
#6 Hitler wants to put everyone to work even if it is meneal hand work
#7This is a labor recruiting poster wanting all that is unemployed to work for germany and their leader
#8Army recruiting poster and for the Stormtroopers
Aug 14, 2009 20:43
  • LARRYBOY
#9 Hitler youth recruiting poster targeted at the youth of Germany. This was probably the most brainwashing organizations knowing that children are easily influenced
#10 poster shows Germany crushing its enemies
#11 The center of all posters of hate was against the jews who controlled the money and all the economic woes on Germany. The jews were Hitlers scapegoat and turned his own people against them.
I hope that this was a help but again the Script is old German and it is hard to translate compared to the modern german.
Aug 16, 2009 02:48
  • JOHNNY512
Larryboy, Thank you so much for your help!
Aug 17, 2009 05:11
  • LARRYBOY
Hey Johnny, When I get a chance I will comment on the posters 12 -20. I did not see them right away. I am doing Historical research in this area, for a local author on the German Military. Glad I can help. Best LB
Aug 19, 2009 18:27
  • LARRYBOY
Hey Johnny, #12 is a recruiting poster for the Waffen SS (Armed) #13 is about working for the war effort #14 is "so as we fight you work for victory. #15 work hard for those at the front #16 another recruiting poster for the Waffen SS you must be 17 years old. #17 A Hitler youth recruiting poster stating directly "How about you?" #18 my understanding is of this one Recruiting poster for Auxillary SS units in Belgium #19 recruiting poster for the 28th SS panzergrenadier in Belgium participating in anti resistance. #20 another recruiting poster but for foreign volunteers that were in German occupied countries. This looks Slavic or In the Baltic countries.
Thats all for now Johnny contact me anytime! LB
Aug 31, 2009 21:54
  • JOHNNY512
Hi LARRYBOY, I am very grateful for your informative comments. Have a good day!
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Nazi Propaganda Posters in WWII
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code