Menu
Visa
Aug 10, 2009 22:52
  • EWORLD
Am an Indian, present am working in one comapnty. for exmaple : Due to financial crises, if my company faired me. can i stay in the China to find another one? if no, how i can stay here to find another job or to do business?

Can you help me?
Aug 16, 2009 00:26
  • APAULT
It is supposed to be possible to transfer a residency permit (equivalent to a visa) if your old employer and new one agree AND you and the new employer meet the normal criteria for your employment. However, if you actually lose your first job, you are supposed to go to the PSB and apply for a tourist visa to give you time to tidy up and leave. If you do not go to the PSB, and your existing employer does not report the situation you should be able to stay 'illegally' without too much risk. If it is reported, then you might have a problem when you finally leave the country.

I am aware of a document seen in a Guangdong PSB exit and entry office that says you apply for a Z visa without leaving the mainland, but so far I have not heard any reports of this happening (but I have been out of China few months). If this is so, you can get a tourist visa and then find a job, then apply for the Z visa.

If you are able to discuss the situation and seek a new job with their approval, that would be a good approach. You should also consider contacting a visa agency as they claim they can help in these situations..... but of course there are substantial fees.
Post a Reply to: Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code