Menu
Pu Dong airport, south shanghai railway station, ticket to changsha
Aug 14, 2009 05:43
guest12958 Hello,

I will arrive on Pu Dong airport some time next week at around 12.00 in the afternoon. I would like to take a train to Changsha the same day (the 1373/1376 in the direction of Huaihua) which will leave at 17.15 from the South Shanghai Railway station. I have been to China numerous times, so i highly doubt if I will be able to obtain (hard sleeper) tickets for this train on time.

However, i have heard that the South Shanghai Railway station is actually a lot less crouded and more organized. So, I'm asking the experts, what are the chances I will be on that 17.15 train to Changsha if i arrive at Pu Dong around 12? Also, would it be worth it, time/money-wise, to take a taxi to the station instead of a bus?

Thanks a lot! Best, Shari
Aug 21, 2009 22:27
  • ELLYSE
If you arrive at about 1200, I would expect you to be out of the airport around 1330. It then takes about 1+ hour by airport shuttle no.7 (20 RMB/pax) to get to Shanghai South train station. A taxi might shave some minutes off that trip, but it'll cost perhaps 8-9 times the price.
I would not be optimistic about getting anything other than hard seat ticket for your trip.
Aug 25, 2009 21:02
GUESTMIKE I do not speak chinese to tell the taxi driver to let him know that I need to go to the Pu Dong airport. So, if I write the word Pu dong airport on a piece of paper would he know where to take me?
Aug 25, 2009 22:01
  • ELLYSE
I guess so. The Chinese characters might be more useful: 浦东机场
If you need to arrange for an airport transfer, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks.
Aug 25, 2009 22:04
GUEST15224 thank you for your help and the internet :>your answers are very helpful
Aug 25, 2009 22:36
  • ELLYSE
No problem, you're welcome.
Post a Reply to: Pu Dong airport, south shanghai railway station, ticket to changsha
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code