Menu
Yangtze cruise???
Apr 9, 2004 15:18
  • MAXIAOYAN
Has anyone been on the Yangtze River cruise in China? I have booked a tour in september for it.
Can anyone tell me how about the cabins, food, ease of getting from cruise ship to shore attractions, service,etc? Thanks!

Apr 9, 2004 15:19
  • BEAR
All of them are excelent. The scenery along the Yangzte River is extremely wonderful. It really
leaves sothing im my mind. If possible, i will go again.
Apr 9, 2004 15:21
  • JOANNE
The boats are fine. On ours most had their own balcony.
We found that if you want a quiet cruise and still see the fantastic scenery the bar and sun deck at the rear of the boat was ideal, and the service more friendly and personal. It just as good looking backwards.
Getting on the boat was an 2experience" In August with the river 35 metres above its normal level we were met bya 75/100 metre wal across pontoons in the dark. Dont expect Western levels of health and safety. Dont be put off as this is one of lifes great experiences. If you go to Chonqiung be sure to visit the Mural painted by Liu Zzuo-Zong which took 2o years to complete. It gives a fantastic explanation of what effect the new 3 GOrges Dam will have on the local people. The exhibition is called "The Thousands Miles Three Gorges"

Post a Reply to: Yangtze cruise???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code