Menu
Need help with planning my China trip
Aug 22, 2009 13:39
  • RUSSEL
Hi,

I'm going to China next week. We booked the ticket already, but we're having a headache about planning which cities to go and how to go.
I had this trip in mind:

Beijing
Xian (Very anxious to see the terracotta warriors)
Lijiang (The old town looks so nice...)
Guilin (Everybod says it's beautiful, so can't skip this place)
Wenzhou (family time)

Bijing to Xian we're planning to take a night train.
Xian to Lijiang, there is a direct flight.
But now the problem starts. There is no direct flight from Lijiang to Guilin and no direct flight from Guilin to Wenzhou.

So what should I do? Change my cities? Or is there a good way to travel anyways?
Aug 22, 2009 22:14
  • ELLYSE
For Lijiang -- Guilin, transit in Kunming. There're definitely flights for Kunming -- Guilin. For Lijiang -- Kunming you could either fly or take a bus.
For Guilin -- Wenzhou, I would suggest that you transit in Guangzhou. Fly, train or bus for Guilin -- Guangzhou, then a flight for Guangzhou -- Wenzhou.
Aug 24, 2009 01:15
  • RUSSEL
We decided to drop Guilin. It saves us some money and this way we have more time to enjoy the other cities.
Yesterday I read the Lonely Planet guide about Lijiang. And it said that it will be very very crowded there of all the tourists.... Can anyone confirm this and will it still be worthwhile to go there for 3-4 days?
Aug 24, 2009 01:23
  • ELLYSE
It'll be very crowded during the public holidays in China (the next one is the National Day holiday, 1st week of October) but otherwise I think it's generally ok.
How long will you be travelling for?
Aug 24, 2009 02:36
  • RUSSEL
Hi Ellysse,

Than for ur reply.
I will be travelling in China for 3 weeks. First we will stay 3 days+ in Beijing, then approximately 4 days (depends how much we like it there) in Xian. And then we go to Lijiang in the first or second week of september.
I still need to rearrange our schedule. Since we have 4 days extra due to skipping Guilin.

btw. I reall like ur picture. Reminds me of my cousin. Especially your tooth :) A lot of females in my family have the outsticking tooth.
Aug 24, 2009 04:39
  • ELLYSE
I would definitely give Beijing more days. At least 4 days, and perhaps up to 6 or even 7 days depending on your sightseeing interests and pace.
Xi'an could be done in about 2 days.
Aug 24, 2009 06:34
  • RUSSEL
We've been to Beijing before a few years back.
But I wanted to see the great wall again. And maybe the birdnest stadium and I want to buy a tea-set there.
2 items on my list: eating at Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant and eating at a Imperial Court Cuisine.

Aug 25, 2009 21:50
  • ELLYSE
Ah ok, now I understand. In that case then perhaps 2 days would be enough!
If you have any more queries, please email to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Russel) in the subject line, thanks.
Post a Reply to: Need help with planning my China trip
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code