Menu
Coldest place in China in the month of October???
Sep 5, 2009 16:21
guestFRF I live in the Middle East, which as you may or may not know, is desert land! To escape the heat here, at least for a few days, I would like to make a trip to a very cold and snowy place. I decided China would be that place because firstly, I'm interested in their culture and secondly I think it is a very interesting place!

If the details below add to my request, then so be it!
I am a single traveler and male. My trip would be for about 5-6 days (can be extended).

p.s. I read about Harbin and the weather there, but I believe the month of October would still not be cold enough for snow?

Thanks!
Sep 5, 2009 21:33
  • ELLYSE
It's around freezing temperature, but perhaps not snowing yet.
Sep 5, 2009 23:02
GUESTGUESTFRF True. But, any other suggestions for places?
Sep 6, 2009 03:42
GUEST21552 Harbin

i think
Sep 6, 2009 06:48
GUEST62410 woow i am from middle east , and will be solo traveler as will , but i have my well trained guided , English speaking , and my own vehicle , to make it easy to me to discover pretty china in short time,
have a nice trip.
Sep 6, 2009 09:22
  • ELLYSE
Furthest north in China would be Mohe.
Sep 6, 2009 22:11
GUESTGUESTFRF Thanks ELLYSE, will Check.

GUEST62410, that's cool....lucky you...All the best to you too!

Cheers,
FRF
Sep 6, 2009 23:07
  • SALSAFONDER
inner mongolia.
Sep 7, 2009 10:09
  • ZANDREW
Yes, I know it is not cold in October in Harbin , the coldest places in China at time may be Mohe or Tibet . I have been there before , if you have any other questions , please tell me .
Sep 7, 2009 22:28
GUESTFRF Thanks SALSAFONDER, though seems unlikely that place would be colder than Harbin...anyways will check...

Hi ZANDREW,
True, according to wikipedia and other sites, the weather isn't as cold in October for snow.

Regarding Tibet, I guess there is sporadic rain during the month of October, and again, no snow?. And Mohe, can't find much details on it on the interwebs. Will that place be more colder than Harbin in October? Are there good places to see there? Any travel agencies you can suggest that run tours to that place?...sorry, too many questions all at once :-))

Cheers,
FRF

Sep 7, 2009 22:31
  • ELLYSE
Mohe isn't really a tourist place.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Coldest place in China in the month of October???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code