Menu
Shanghai to draft a ban on maids sleeping with employers
Sep 7, 2009 02:18
  • LEOPOLD219
China has seen an increasing numbers of middle class families. In the most cosmopolitan Shanghai, the middle class is emerging. Many couples employ house maids to help them do housework. A lot of affairs between the male employers and the maids have been reported. Some female employers complained “ I employ you (maid) to help me do the chore and cooking, not to let you to sleep with my partner” . Shanghai’s Association of Home Economics is trying to curb the immoral behavior by proposing a draft to ban the increasing affairs between the maid and their male employers. The new draft requires the maid to sign a contract specifying that they won’t sleep with the male employers (sleep with the employer of opposite in the same room). Could this draft be effective enough to curb the affairs between the maids and their employers?
Sep 7, 2009 04:39
GUEST04154 Shanghai men are rich not enough to keep mistress. Their maids or nannies needs money. "China's concubine culture" has come back.
Sep 7, 2009 21:42
  • JIMMYB
Such regulation will go for nothing in curbing the extramarital affairs. Usually, it is the male employer who take the initiative to seduce the maids if their maids are younger and prettier than their wives.
Sep 15, 2009 05:45
  • DODGER
I think the easiest solution is for the Wife to choose the Maid.
No amount of regulations are going to stop rich men trying it on.
This is not just a Chinese problem.
Dodger. ..
Sep 15, 2009 12:47
  • CARLOS
Yes, Dodger,

but Chinese problem compared to west is that there are not (yet) as big amount overweighed women to choose.

Carlos
Sep 15, 2009 22:14
  • ARAGORN
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Yes, Dodger,

but Chinese problem compared to west is that there are not (yet) as big amount overweighed women to choose.

Carlos

CARLOS, the male employers won't agree to employ overweighed maid though their wives wish to employ fat and ugly maids.
Sep 16, 2009 03:20
  • DODGER
Carlos, they may not be quite as fat yet but there are still plenty of ugly ones to choose from.
Aragorn, my Wife tells me she’s the boss of the house.
Example; I arrange my office furniture and she told me it was completely wrong. I said “OK, but that’s how it’s staying.
When I got out of bed the next day it had all been moved to were she wanted it while I slept.
What did I do? Absolutely nothing.
Dodger.
Sep 20, 2009 23:11
  • SUNNYDREAM
Male employers are always trying to find good excuses in their illicit affairs with a maid. They don't tell their wives the truth that they seduce the maids instead they claimed their maids seduce them. Women are still in a vulnerable position in terms of employment and profession.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to draft a ban on maids sleeping with employers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code