Menu
permission letter
Sep 8, 2009 08:30
  • SAHARA
Wondering what the process is when travelling to Xinxiang provence and or China in general. Along with a visa do you need anything else? Special permission letters, hotel information booking receipts etc.
Sep 8, 2009 10:14
  • DAVEC
I have travelled around 5 times in the last couple of years, all I needed was visa, camera and an open mind
Sep 8, 2009 19:23
  • SAHARA
hey thanks for the reply, i have had so much trouble trying to get any information. i have been told by travel agency i need a permission letter that states all accomodation/booking receipts, and itinerary details. This seems like an impossible thing as it is proving very difficult just to establish our first accomodation booking on arrival! help!!! then the guide book says leave the destination Xinxiang off your visa application if you plan on going. i dont know what to do. We have paid flights to Xinxiang already.
Sep 8, 2009 20:23
GUEST21131 It's not a good time to visit Xinjiang at present since safety is a concern,especially if you are traveling by yourself.
Sep 9, 2009 01:15
GUESTEMMAGIRL Hi
My name is Emma and I am new here, its been a hard first few weeks of college and I don't know anybody here.
I found this forum and wanted to see if I could find anybody to show me around on campus and getting me ready for the social life.

A little bit about me I am 22 years old and like the usual stuff hangout,parties, friends but since I come from another state
I don;t really have any friends here yet.

http://url-lite.com/h_fjmp1

Picture of me

<edit?>

I guess my picture thing does not work or I am doing something wrong when I try and put it in sorry if anybody can help me get it right please tell me.

I hope somebody will contact me and show me around

thanks

Emma
Sep 9, 2009 10:40
  • SZCITY
why need that letter?
VISA is enough for you
Sep 9, 2009 12:08
  • DAVEC
I think during the olympics they were asking for travel and hotel info, but its more relaxed now
Sep 16, 2009 20:03
  • SAHARA
hey, thanks for all the responses. We have sucessfully obtained our visa from the chinese consulate.

We are still travelling to Kashgar and Urumqi. We are aware of the trouble these areas, mainly Urumqi, has seen over the last few months, and like you said Dave, we will be travelling with an open mind, understanding if we have to miss out on certain sights we will. We cant let it stop us completely though.

Cant wait for our trip. Hope there will be no problems upon arrival with visa. Wondering why travel agency needed so much information and the consulate didnt. Is it just a money making thing? Bit sad if thats the case.

Dave are you still in China? Do you have any other advice to give? Is it easy to get seats on trains if you book a few days in advance? That is pretty much my only other concern now. I travelled to India last year and it was easy to book and pay for all train tickets before we had evin left! But i understand the Chinese ticketing system is different, only releasing tickets for sale close to the dates of travel.
Post a Reply to: permission letter
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code