Menu
Internship in China
Sep 10, 2009 04:35
guestMasher Hi,

I've found an organisation called i-to-i who have English teaching internships in China. I called them and they have offered me a few different locations: Shanghai, Beijing, Shenyang and Guanzhou.

In terms of reducing culture shock, which of these would be the best?

Thanks

Masher
Sep 10, 2009 22:31
  • CURESOON
Hi, Masher,

You want to "reducing culture shock", so it depends which country you are from ?

And also for which time you will been here, you have also to think about the weather

For the 4 cities "Shanghai, Beijing, Shenyang and Guanzhou.". I do prefer Guangzhou, cause i lived here for 7 years, and i do like the city

Oct 10, 2009 02:27
  • ELLYSE
In order of "reducing culture shock", assuming you come from a Western country, would be Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou then Shenyang.
Oct 11, 2009 03:09
  • APAULT
I would choose Guangzhou every time. Beijing is too large, Shanghai too many expats and too expensive, while Shenyang is highly polluted and really little to recommend it unless you like cold weather in winter (same for Bj). Guangzhou has many great eating opportunities enough cultural opportunities to kewep ypu interested and does not get too cold in winter.

Bear in mind that Shanghai and Guangzhou do not normally have heating in the buikldins, despite temperatures dropping to near zero, Guangzhou, 10C. All four cities get very hot in mid summer., though it lasts longets in Gz.
Post a Reply to: Internship in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code