Menu
Please Advise : Travel during Oct 1-7
Sep 13, 2009 03:52
  • RAHULRANJIT
Hi Friends

I am currently working in Shenzhen. I plan to visit Shanghai,Xian and Beijing in that order during Oct 1st to 8th with my friend. I know it is the most difficult time to Travel due to the massive amount of people travelling at the same time, but I dont have an option as I doubt I will get another opportunity like this.

I plan to visit Shanghai on 1st and 2nd,Xian on 3rd and 4th, Beijing on 5,6 and 7. Return either on 7th or 8th back to Shenzhen. I am trying for train tickets, but if I dont get any flight is the only option and I need to book them before they become full. Planning to stay in Youth Hostels in these cities.

Can any one give some advice ? Is this a feasible plan ? Will there be any risks during this time ?

Thanks for your help
Rahul
Sep 13, 2009 04:36
  • ELLYSE
No way you'll be able to get train tickets. Fly instead.
Also, you're not being very reasonable regarding the number of days you intend to spend in Beijing. I would usually recommend 4-5 full days.
Do you know how much time the train takes for Shenzhen -- Shanghai and Beijing -- Shenzhen? Fly instead!
If you have any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg RahulRanjit) in the subject line.
Sep 13, 2009 09:33
  • BECKYLEE
I am totally agree with Ellyse,the plan is unreasonable.Your line has crossed China mainland from the southest to the northset ,so I advise you guys against acting in haste.Cos' it will be really tired when you back to SHENZHEN as spending so much time in the train ,and maybe you cannot get the tickets during the national holiday,so you might be not able to back to SHENGZHEN in time.
My advise:
1,only go to shanghai which located in the easten side of China,so that you could travel the easten region of China,as Hangzhou,Suzhou ,tasty the yammy food :
2.As Beijing and Xian are both in the north of China, you may directly fly to Beijing ,after watch the national day's celebration ,you could go to Xian,which is close to Beijing ,after 2 days journey in there ,you guys back to SHENGZHEN.This line will bring your guys more fun and enjoy more local conditions there.
3.booking the train tickets in advance about 10 days,
4 you could book the hotel as motel168 ,or green hotel INN,which have the sepcial offer room sometime(about 150 rmb).

Enjy your holiday!
Sep 13, 2009 09:59
GUESTRAHULRA... Thanks a lot for your replies...

I forgot to mention...I plan to book flight tickets from
Shenzhen to Shanghai and Beijing to Shenzhen. If we get train tickets for Shanghai-Xian and Xian-Beijing we take it..Its a one night trip right ?...otherwise definately flight...Is this ok ?

Could you tell more about the travel conditions at this point of time ? Whether it will be possible to get a proper view of sights ? Will there be a huge queue before entry to each place of interest ?
Sep 13, 2009 22:49
  • ELLYSE
Yes, Shanghai -- Xi'an and Xi'an -- Beijing are overnight. Otherwise you could fly.
"Proper" view? As I said earlier with the Terracotta Warriors as an example, you'll still be able to see them, but if you hope to have your photo taken with them in the background it could get difficult or just plain impossible.
Queues... depending on how "civilised" the other sightseers might be, sometimes it might not be so orderly.
Post a Reply to: Please Advise : Travel during Oct 1-7
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code