Menu
What can I do for wedding?
Sep 16, 2009 12:51
Yes Dave look after that glass, my mouth to mouth resuscitation skills are a bit rusty since I knackered my knee.

Alan
Sep 16, 2009 13:05
  • DAVEC
I think I will keep my own bottle of evian and never let it out of my sight. Although its tempting to take some dandelion and burdock so the Chinese can taste something new.
Sep 17, 2009 20:47
  • COOLSPRINGS
Dave, hope we can see the pic of u and your bride.

U won't lose money if u give feast considering one banquet table at the cost of RMB 3000 has 3-4 families (i am assuming each family give red envelope enclosed with RMB 3000) ..

Dave, u have to get a best man who is capable of drink liqor at the wedding . Drink game is tradtionally popular at banquet table in China - a game where who win the drink game is the powerful king, which is stupic and damages health especially brains and liver.
Sep 17, 2009 22:14
  • DODGER
Dave, just a thought; why not have a comedian give a welcome speech.
I pretty sure I could arrange for BY to do this providing we give him plenty of time to prepare his material.
He’d be cheap and he could do your drinking for you. The only down side is, and there’s always one, that you would need to have an interpreter; for everyone.
Dodger.
Sep 18, 2009 12:27
I could always lend BY my book of puns!

Alan
Sep 18, 2009 13:50
  • DAVEC
I wanted to invite BY but havent seen him/her/it recently or have I just missed the new name they go under?

Coolsprings, thanks for the advice re the hong bao. My woman is very clever over these things, she said that we only invite rich friends as we should get more money from them. :)
Sep 18, 2009 20:29
  • DODGER
Alan, you would be doing BY and all of us a greater service by lending him your dictionary mate, no pun intended.
Dave, what brought BY to mind was a guest’s post the other day claiming to be a Brit and I distinctly heard the plucking of banjo strings somewhere in the either. So he’s still with us, if only in spirit, no pun intended.
The saddest news however is that I and perhaps Alan will not be on the guest list. In all honesty, my Red envelope would have been marked “don’t open until Dodger has left the building”.
A great pity really as I was hoping to perform a double act with Alan on our very best impersonations of BY.
Dodger.
Sep 19, 2009 02:40
  • DAVEC
We will be having main wedding in Hubei, then a big meal back in Shenzhen as most of my friends are near there. Then when she is back in UK with me we will have another big meal and invites more people. I am sure I can get you guys to one of them
Oct 13, 2009 01:21
  • SALSAFONDER
Congradulations on you. I am new to this BBS. Wedding is a form to most of Chinese people. Even you got marriage certificate, most of people still does not realise you and your wife is a real couple. Wedding ceremony is more like you announce to this world that you are not single any more. As for drinking alcohol during wedding banquet, it is different in different places. Usually, north people are more aggressive than south peole.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What can I do for wedding?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code