Menu
The REAL deal with working & living in Hainan??
Sep 18, 2009 02:03
guest72176 I've been living and working in Suzhou in China and really enjoying it but would like to travel more and experience other parts of China. I'm thinking of moving down to Hainon.

Can anyone fill me in on their experience of finding work teaching English?

What kind of work is there?
What is the salary and cost of living like?
What is the entertainment and social life like?
Can the schools provide a working/living visa for you?

I guess I want to have a real idea of whether or not this is the next place for me. Suzhou is a great place and if anyone is thinking of moving there I'd be happy to help by answering your questions.
Sep 18, 2009 10:50
  • JABAROOTOO
Why not take a holiday down there and see if you like it. Some think it's too hot but that's subjective.
I think it's a great place but finding a job could be the issue. But it won't be as expensive as living in Suzhou.
Night life is OK in Haikou and Sanya but influenced by the busy and quiet seasons or in other words the wet and dry season. Expat community is dominated by Russians around Sanya and pretty small elsewhere.

All the best
Sep 24, 2009 21:45
GUEST99251 I think we will visit for a holiday as you said and see what we find. Thank you.
May 8, 2012 11:50
GUEST21462 Hi,
I am from INDIA and got the the job in Hainan,China.
Can i please know the cost of living in Hainan and can we live there with english language. And can i please know the complete details of what kind of food is available.

Your reply will be very helpful for me.

Karthik
Post a Reply to: The REAL deal with working & living in Hainan??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code