Menu
Chengdu and beyond
Sep 25, 2009 04:19
  • KOHCB
Plan to fly to Chengdu.
1. Need advice on the best month to travel
2. Other than Chengdu, where are the other places worth travelling and mode of transport.
Sep 25, 2009 04:44
GUESTCHRIS Tourist attractions are aplenty in Cheng and its Surrounding cities in Sichuan. How long will you plan to spend in travel?
Jiuzhaigou Valley, Giant Buddha, Emei Mountain are worth a try. Other attractions in Sichuan Priovince:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/sichuan/
Sep 25, 2009 06:20
  • ELLYSE
1) Criteria for "best"?
2) In where, Sichuan province? The country China? The continent Asia? The world? Goodness, do be more specific!
Sep 26, 2009 19:21
  • KOHCB
Thanks. I have 3 weeks. Other than Chendu, plan to tour 3 gorges, Xian. Do I have time to proceed to Silk Road and how far can I go within the time period of 3 weeks?
Sep 26, 2009 19:24
  • KOHCB
Sorry. 'Best' in terms of cool weather but not peak tourist season.
Only have 3 weeks to spare. Can you recommend places I should cover after landing in Chendu?
Sep 26, 2009 21:19
  • ELLYSE
I would seriously recommend that you skip the 3 Gorges cruise. I went in January 2007 and it was a royal waste of my money and time. If you're interested in my full trip report and candid photos, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg KohCB) in the subject line.
Might be a bit rushed but you could cover some of the Silk Road destinations if you're keen. I hope you're fine with flying some legs of that journey, if so.
If you intend to cover Jiuzhaigou, Chengdu, Xi'an and the Silk Road then I would recommend coming in perhaps April, September or October, but avoid the 1st week of October.
Post a Reply to: Chengdu and beyond
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code