Menu
Shanghai to Nanjing
Sep 25, 2009 07:20
  • SUKU
I live in Shanghai. A week back I was planning to travel to Chongqing but my friends here advised that I try a shorter distance first -- so it's Nanjing.
I plan to start on Oct 01 and have planned out elaborately for travel till Oct 05. Since I am still poor with my Chinese speaking and this being my first adventure -- alone-- I am a little skeptical. I wonder what type of difficulties await me at Nanjing !!!
Ideally I would've preferred to group with one / two persons either from Shanghai or from any other place who'll reach Nanjing on Oct 01 (I'll probably reach in the afternoon) and travel around together. So anybody there ?
Else, I'd also look for any Nanjing resident, expats or locals (who can speak a little Englsh) to travel around in the city or be available on telephone for some help (if I really get stuck with something !! )
Looking forward for some response in the next few days!!
Oct 1, 2009 10:36
  • SUKU
This is very strange !
So far 33 people have seen this posting but there are "0" replies. Are these all dumb people ?
I have seen some regulars here making series of postings and sometimes debating over "non-issues". But when I required some genuine help, there's none. This is very strange !
Dec 19, 2009 22:07
  • RAYGOH
Will be in Shanghai Apr 2010 n will be moving ard Suzhou n Nanjing too.
I get lots of infor just reading the forum. Hopefully U get a response.

Think comment U quoted " Are these all dumb people" ?
IMHO YOU May offence some ! !
Dec 20, 2009 10:25
  • HERBEAT
Hey Suku... Is that "regulars" including me? If so, I'm sorry that I didn't get any chance to notice this posting in time since I was bit busy.... But I'm living neither in Nanjing nor Shanghai so I'm afraid I can't help...
Dec 20, 2009 10:26
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAYGOH

Think comment U quoted " Are these all dumb people" ?
IMHO YOU May offence some ! !

Well... Even if we are... we could still type... But please be polite...
Jan 17, 2010 07:40
  • SUKU
This is to reply to the postings by Raygoh and Herbeat.
If you notice my first posting you should've noticed that there's nothing "impolite" about it !!! But the comments I made are genuine and absolutely apt towards the circumstances !
However, I do not think I've called either of you "dumb" so I do not see why this comment is affecting you ! Only those should've been affected who had seen the post (from Sep 25 to Oct 01) and failed to reply or comment ! I'd have even welcome "I can't be of any help" from anyone !!
Anyway, I managed a very successful 5-day trip to Nanjing (in Oct) -- all alone, and thoroughly enjoyed myself ! Of course, if I had a partner I could've talked and shared too and may have had more fun.
I haven't put up any photos here (I shot more than 400) but if I get requests from friendly visitors of this site, I can put up some.
Last Christmas I was in the histoiric Indian city of Lucknow and now I'm back here in Shanghai and planning for my next trip in China. If anyone is interested to be my travel partner then do let me know.
Jan 23, 2010 03:06
  • ELLYSE
Can't travel (no money!) but let me know if you want any help, ideas or whatever.
Jan 23, 2010 20:01
  • BOBERT
Now that's a nice response ELLYSE. Undeserved, and nice. You have gone up in my estimation.
Apr 10, 2010 20:26
  • SUKU
Thanks a lot Ellyse !
Although it's a bit late (since I do not come here often!) , it's nice to know some people are still helpful. I'll definitely get in touch for any help.
Apr 24, 2010 23:23
  • CHINESEOBAMA
are u serious or just kidding here ?
Apr 27, 2010 05:47
  • SUKU
What makes you think so ???
You are just a few days old here !!!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Nanjing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code