Menu
college students first trip to china
Feb 26, 2005 08:30
  • RHNUMBER11
I am a student graduating this spring from sonoma state university. i have a job in hong kong in july and august and in june i am traveling through china. i am starting in beijing and going south towards zhengzhou. i might travel west to xi'an, but dont know if that is the best route. i am flying from shanghai to hong kong in the end of june. the number one place in china i want to go to is huangshan. i have seen numerous pictures and i have a number of paintings of the mountain range. could someone please give suggestions on a route from beijing to shanghai, going through the huang shan mountains and possibly xi'an.

thnaks again

Feb 26, 2005 11:32
  • DEE0228
HI!
Your plan is good, Huangshan of course deserves your visit and June is also a very good time for traveling.
my suggestion of your iteneray is like this:
Beijing 5 days(by train to Xian)
Xi'an 3 days(by train to Hefei)
Hefei 1 day(the capital of Anhui province, you may consider this stop as a transit to Huangshan)(by bus to Huangshan)
Huangshan 2-3days(by train to Shanghai)
Shanghai 5days(If you still have time, some nearby cities , such as Hangzhou, Suzhou, Wuzhen are all nice places to visit )
Feb 26, 2005 16:51
  • ELCABRON
Hi RHNUMBER11,

on your way from Beijing to Xian I would recommend to stop by in Datong, if you are interested in historical/cultural sights like the Hanging Monastery and the Yungang Caves. It is just a stop on the train connection between those two cities.
For reasons to stop by read my Travel Review about Datong.
If you go all the way by train from Beijing, Datong, Xian, Zhengzhou, Shanghai, Hangzhou...costs would be 26 Euros or 47 US$.
Except Huangshan.
Feb 26, 2005 16:53
  • ELCABRON
STOP! It was 36 Euros of course - NOT 26!!!!!!
Feb 27, 2005 02:32
  • RHNUMBER11
thnak you it sounds great i will look more into it. i was just having trouble trying to find the train routes on-line. i did not know how i was planning on getting to huangshan. thanks again
Post a Reply to: college students first trip to china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code