Menu
Village travel
Sep 28, 2009 12:59
guest14292 I am really confused about how to get to some of the smaller villages in China, that I hear wonderful things about.

Any idea how to go from Xi'an to the following villages in Anhui: Hongcun, Xidi, Nanping, Guanlu and Yuliang....then on to Wuyuan in Jiangxi Province..(but wait there's more!)...then on to Dehang and Fenghuang in Hunan?

If that's too impossible, what about straight from Xi'an to Fenghuang?

I can't seem to connect the dots and work it out (first time planning my own travel).

I'd be most grateful for any advice on how others have got to these towns and whether they were well worth the visit. Advice on tour groups that do such a route also appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Sep 29, 2009 00:52
  • SALSAFONDER
If you start from Xian city, you can choose flight or train.
1) Take train from xian to changsha( capital of hunan province). Train number is T266 from 21:02 to 11:05. The trip is around 14 hours. You can stay one night in changsha. You should try xiangcai( hunan food). it is very tasty. You have to take another train to jishou( fenghuang is in this area). It takes 7 hours.it has five trains everyday in different time. It still has 54km far from jishou to fenghuang. After you get off the train, you crab the cab and ask driver to bring you to bus south station( qiche nan zhan). From there, you take a bus to fenghuang.
2) Take flight from xian to changsha. but you have to take train or bus for your next journey.

I hope you had a good luck!

Sep 30, 2009 04:40
GUEST49149 From Xian to Hongcun, you can take a train or fly to Hefei, the capital city of Anhui, then to Hongcun, Xidi etc.
Oct 9, 2009 18:56
  • ELLYSE
No direct buses from Hefei to those villages. You might consider flying Xi'an -- Hangzhou, change to bus for Hangzhou -- Tunxi (Huangshan city), then another bus to get to each village.
To get to Wuyuan after that, there're buses from Tunxi.
From Wuyuan to Fenghuang, first get to Shangrao by bus, then take a train for Shangrao -- Huaihua, then another bus to Fenghuang.
Shangrao -- Huaihua:
1373/1376 (0026--1637) 16h11min
K533/K536 (1837--0934) 14h57min
Post a Reply to: Village travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code