Menu
What about boats?
Oct 3, 2009 12:41
  • FLYINGTIGER
A guy like me who plans to spend a lot of time in China needs to start thinking about what the hell I am going to do there when I begin retirement. So far I haven't too many things worth doing. The Fu Li Wan complex will have a marina so I was thinking about a boat. The only boats I've ever seen at Sanya are those old wooden fishing boats. Not what I had in mind. I suppose like cars there is about a 100% duty placed on bringing boats in from outside? Anyone know for sure? How about entering and leaving Chinese waters? If I had a boat, I wouldn't want to limit myself to a small radius. How about going from China waters to Viet Nam? There r some beautiful islands near Ha Long Bay, east of Hanoi worth visiting. Is that going to be a problem going there for a private boat owner? Any good boat shopping yards in Hong Kong?

Oct 11, 2009 20:39
There is a relatively new Yacht Club in Sanya, located behind the E-Adri resort, close to Dadonghai. Very nice venue. They should be able to help you and I know they are eager to make new members.

They also keep an 'English Corner 'meeting. I believe it's every Tuesday at 8pm. Check my ealier postings to this site for more info.

If this helps you, please let me know at my message box.
Adrian. (爱军)
Post a Reply to: What about boats?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code