Menu
Bags and safety
Feb 27, 2005 08:33
  • AIQIU222
Hi,

I was just wondering what people thought/had experienced of the safety of train stations/airports left luggage sections.

If you're only in a town for a day do you reckon its safe to leave a backpack in a baggage storage facility whilst exploring?

If anyone has done this and regretted it or thought it was great I like to know.

Cheers
Feb 28, 2005 14:29
  • CATHERINE
I always lefy my luggage at the left-luggage office when I have some time to stroll around the city. And according to my experiences, it is safe and convenient. While remember two things:
1. Do not leave valuable things in your luggages such as your wallet, credit card, camera or sth like that.
2. I usually use the left-luggage offices run by the railway station. They are more reliable.
Feb 28, 2005 16:59
  • AIQIU222
Thanks Catherine, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. :-) Its a useful thing to know.

I'll be heading to Xi'an myself soon, any recommendations if you are still there, especially cheap but clean places to stay.
Mar 1, 2005 09:30
  • CATHERINE
For budget accormodations in Xi'an, a preferable places for foreigners is the International Youth Hostel, where you can meet many fellow travelers.Also its location is perfect, just next to the south gate of City Wall, ten minutes walk from the very city center - Bell and Drum Tower. They have various types of rooms. A standars room will cost about RMB100- 180(not sure the exact rate but this should be the range).

I suggest you to stay in the city center so that you'll find more fun in the evening.There are many hotels around the Bell and Drum Tower, like the Melody Hotel, Wenyuan Hotel(a traditional style one),City Hotel,they all have basic facilities, the price may be varying from RMB150-300 per night according to the room type.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need more detailed info.:)
Mar 1, 2005 16:29
  • MERMAID
among the valuable things, u'd better take ur passport with you anyway.
Always be on alert when there are crowds of people, say in supermarket or free market.
Post a Reply to: Bags and safety
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code