Menu
Spanish visa for my Chinese girlfriend
Oct 18, 2009 17:27
  • WINDSURFER
I live and work in Qingdao and have a Chinese girlfriend from Harbin that wants to travel with me to my home in Spain. We plan to get married in a year but I want to be able to travel between Spain and China with her, before we are married.
Any information on the best type of Spanish visa to apply for would be much appreciated.
Oct 18, 2009 21:40
  • HERBEAT
Hi, I think you can go to Spanish consulate and embassies in Beijing or Shanghai or the place where you get your visa to ask the detailed information. You just need to tell them that you two are a couple and see what you'll get. I guess family aggregation visa will be ok. By the way, I also live in Qingdao. Nice to meet you.
Oct 19, 2009 02:59
  • WINDSURFER
Hi thanks for your comments.

I'm visiting my home in Spain this week to obtain a few letters of invitation, some personal some business, I've leart that this is essential.
Last year I tried 3 times to get another friend a visa for the uk and spent 3 weeks in Beijing pleading with the uk officials to no avail.

With this experience I'm trying to gain as much info about the Spanish system as I can, to avoid the same hassle!

What do you do in Qingdao?
Oct 19, 2009 03:11
GUESTFAY I think you can read Spanish. This page is written in Spanish. Hope it helps!http://www.embassyofspain.cn/asuntos_consulares.htm
Oct 19, 2009 07:15
  • WINDSURFER
Thank you very much for your information and the link.

This has been very useful. Are you Spanish?
Oct 19, 2009 21:59
  • HERBEAT
Em... I'm an English tour guide and interpreter here...
I have a friend from Sweden who got the same question as yours last year. I think she tried the offical in Sweden with letters of invitation and Swedish embassy in Beijing and finally she made it. Her boyfriend will go to Sweden in a few days to join her. She said an ex-visa with the record of the relationship was helpful when she tried to get the new visa for her boyfriend. I'm not sure whether it's the same with Spain but I guess you may have a try.
But one thing, it takes a long time...
Post a Reply to: Spanish visa for my Chinese girlfriend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code