Menu
What to do?
Feb 28, 2005 09:35
  • STACYHUNTER
Please advise us on how to travel to Xi'an from Beijing. We don't have alot of time or money. What is the mose efficient way? Please help us.

Thank you so much
Feb 28, 2005 09:44
  • DEE0228
I think the best choice for you is to take a overnight train,
Train Z19 of Beijing/Xian 20:28-07:58,
Train Z20 of Xian/Beijing 19:23-06:53.
ticket fee is about 260 for a hard sleeper.
Feb 28, 2005 13:40
Z19, Z20 are all train soft berth. Price abt 400 yuan.
Try T42 T41 for the hard sleeper.
Mar 3, 2005 02:06
  • STACYHUNTER
Thank you for responding to my question.
Mar 4, 2005 13:52
  • XIHU
Hi Stacey,

Regarding your question about the Terra Cotta warriors museum (Xian) my personal opinion is not really (worth it).

This is something that has been so hyped in the west. All you will see is a museum where a pile of rubble has been re-constructed into a few hundred warriors, there are more tons of rubble that can also be put together to make more warriors. I found a few bronze pieces (tiny) in the museum actually more interesting.

It's a museum visit, c'est tout ! and as far as museums go it's a good museum but not a must see in a China trip. The rest of Xian is worth spending another half a day or so in the old city and old market.

Perhaps by lowering your expectation from Xian you will enjoy it a lot more. If you do go, don't forget to buy a signed copy of teh museum book (signed by one of the immortal peasant discoverers of the ruins)
Mar 4, 2005 15:17
  • PEPPERMINT
It really depends on what u r looking at or for.
The unique managerial system behind the terra cotta production, the advanced level of bronzeware,the cruel but efficient promotion system of the Qin Dynasty, if these are where your interests lie in, Terra Cotta is surely a must see.
Mar 4, 2005 20:41
  • STACYHUNTER
I appreciate your responses about Xi'an. IT's hard to know what to do because going to Xi'an will take three days away from somewhere else. I will take your advise on lowering my expectations and certainly will make time to enjoy other parts of Xi'an while we're there (if we indeed can work it out. I do feel compelled to go.

Do you have any other must see places that you cn recommend? What do you think of Hangzhou?

Thanks again to all of you for responding.

StacyHunter
Mar 7, 2005 11:28
  • PEPPERMINT
Stacy Hunter, I guess Hangzhou, Nanjing and Suzhou are all worthwhile. Besides it takes only 2.5 hours from Nanjing to Hangzhou by express highway.
Mar 7, 2005 11:39
  • PEPPERMINT
Glad you like my pic and verse. That's from the Bible.
Post a Reply to: What to do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code