Menu
Apartment in Qingdao
Oct 22, 2009 09:12
  • AJITSKHAN
Hello everyone!

I will be moving to Qingdao next month to start work. The company I work for will help me to look for an apartment.

However, I have a few questions for people who are currently staying in Qingdao. On average, how much rent should I expect to pay for a flat / apartment. My requirements are fairly basic like one bedroom, hot water, heater and possibly an internet connection. Also having a bed and some furniture will be helpful. I would prefer to have the place around Xu Zhou Road, Shi Bei District as it is near to my workplace.

Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated!

Thank you

Ajit.
Oct 22, 2009 21:46
  • HERBEAT
Hi Ajit, I live in an apartment near to Xuzhou Road. The rent is not expensive in Shibei District. I bet 700-1000 RMB per month will be able to give you a good apartment. But since you said your company would help you with it, you'd better leave this to your company. You know sometimes there's a crazy foreign prize... The internet connection will usually be included. If you have to pay for the rend yourself, you can tell me the place and I can help you to find out the real cost... If you get any question, feel free to ask me and I would like to help
Yolanda
Oct 22, 2009 22:05
  • AJITSKHAN
Thank you for your instant reply Yolanda!

RMB 700-1000 is quite cheap! I was checking online on the links provided in the older thread and the cheapest rent seemed to be around RMB 2000+ !

Anyway, I am not complaining if the rent is cheap ^ ^

Just a few more questions. If I sign a contract/lease for the apartment, do I have to pay 1 years rent? How about electricity and water charges? Also, if the agent finds out that the apartment is for a foreigner, do they charge a lot more?

Sorry for so many questions. I have a little idea about China because I have lived in Chengdu for a long time but since Qingdao will be a new city for me thats why I would like to know the details before I reach there.

Thank you!

Ajit
Oct 22, 2009 22:44
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, you can always complain with the prize^-^ And of course the payment will be different because of the location. For example if yo want to rend an apartment in Shinan District, it will be much more expensive. And I guess you can talk with the landlord. If you pay it once a year, the rent is always lower. I don't think the company will tell the landlord that you will live there if they are not stupid. The water and electric bills? I think you'd better talk with the landlord before you finally sign the contract. Again it depense.
By the way, if you want to look around in Qingdao, I would like to go with you. I arrived at Qingdao one month ago and almost take a walk to the beach each day. I guess it would be a good idea to have some companion. I tried to find people but failed...
Oct 22, 2009 22:46
  • HERBEAT
arghhh..... Ajit, I'm sorry for so many posts.... I guess there's something wrong with my computer... SO SORRY...
Last edited by HERBEAT: Oct 22, 2009 22:53
Oct 23, 2009 02:05
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
To Herbeat, we have deleted your posts that were posted repeatedly.
Oct 23, 2009 21:28
  • HERBEAT
Hi CHRISTINE, thank you very much to do it.
Oct 23, 2009 21:56
  • HERBEAT
Hi Ajit, I talked about the apartments near Xuzhou Road with my friends last night and they said you had to be very lucky to get it with the prize I showed to you. There are some exprience with rent. I helped a friend from London to find an apartment in Yantai two months ago. I gathered the information on the internet and then made calls to the landlords. When they heard the voice of me, they told me a prize. Then I tried to bargain. They gave me a lower prize for example 2000RMB per month. After I told them my English friend would like to take it. They raise the prize to 2600 RMB, except the water and electric bills... At the end I found a new apartment with three bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room in a luxurious area for 1500 RMB per month. The landlord took me to the supermarket and got new aircon, refri, huge bed and luxurious cabinet... So sometimes if one is lucky, he might get more things with a lower prize. But most of the time we are not that lucky. I guess 700 RMB is possible, either is more than 2000RMB...
But anyway, wish you a good luch with the apartment^-^
Oct 23, 2009 22:05
  • AJITSKHAN
Dear Yolanda,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you mean about a 'special' pricing for foreigners. If it is possible for you, can you try to find out about the price of renting an apartment around xuzhou road which is walk-able distance to the Le Meridien Hotel that will open next month?

For me rent up to RMB 1200 should be okay. I wont mind if its lower! My requirements are very basic as I had stated before.

Thank you. I really appreciate your help!

Ajit
Oct 24, 2009 03:44
  • HERBEAT
Hi Ajit, I checked the prize on the internet. You can get an apartment with around 1200 RMB per month in Xuzhou Road. But the condition is quite different. Some landlords ask for different things for example the normal life with a standard time table. Some say that the heating will be free this year... The more money you pay, the better living condition you will get. I guess your company will work it out. And after your company give the exact address for you, I think I could be able to find out the real prize. Is that ok? What I could tell is only an average prize because the living condition might be very very very different here. I've no idea what I could do and help. So if you get any questions, feel free to ask me^-^
Yolanda
Oct 29, 2009 01:40
  • AJITSKHAN
Thank you for the information Yolanda!

I have been very busy thats why replying late. I will be arriving in Qingdao on 8th November.

Can you tell me the address of the website where you found the information about the apartment you mentioned? I have people here who can help me to translate Chinese.

I think RMB 1200 is fine. If you have any other information then please do share with me.

I really appreciate your help.

Ajit
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Apartment in Qingdao
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code