Menu
Accomodation
Oct 25, 2009 11:51
guest42108 Hello everyone

Can anyone please recommend BUDGET but CLEAN accomodation that has twin share rooms (i.e. not just dorms) in the following cities. Am looking to be as close as possible to the centre of town/tourist attractions in these places. English speaking staff (at least at reception desk) a must.

- Beijing
- Xi'an
- Chengdu
- Lijiang

Your suggestions much appreciated.
Oct 27, 2009 05:37
  • APAULT
Lijiang: There are literally hundreds of Guest Houses and Inns in the Old Town, many at modrate prices unless you go in the peak periods when the prices do rise. many speak English. Last week I stayed in the new China YHA affiliated Youth Hostel called Memory of March IYH which is pretty good. This is not the one currently in the YHAchina.com list, so I will give contact details Tel +86 888 5309888, Email: 163.com|Lugolakemom (ensure you mention Lijiang Old Town). I also checked out the Coronation Inn, cheap and looked good. I don't have the address but you can prob find it in one of the hostel booking sites. The other YHAChina sites are fine but busier. All have economic private rooms. Otherwise just go and search but the problem is there's nowhere obvious to leave yr luggage while you search the twisty lanes and steps of Lijiang Old Town.
Nov 5, 2009 08:57
  • JABAROOTOO
Just google and take your pick
Chain of Home Inn are nice
and we recently stayed Starway

You can book online with Ctrip and only have to give a Chinese mobile phone number as deposit.

Can't guarantee all staff speak English at these places. Stay at Hostels but you'll need to book in advance so get into some of them.
Dec 19, 2009 12:37
  • ELLYSE
What's your price range for "budget"?
Post a Reply to: Accomodation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code