Menu
Dali - worth visiting
Dec 1, 2009 23:47
  • DALI24378
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGAPANTHA View Post

Hi,

My husband and I (33 and 34 years old) are going to be in Yunnan in late Dec. Our current plan is:
- 2 days in Yuanyang,
- then get a bus to Kunming,
- then travel on to Lijiang for a few days.

We will be there for New Year's Eve and want to celebrate. Is Lijiang a good place to celebrate NYE? Or would you re...

Hi,

I had been in Yuennan since Oct 2009. Since I liked Dali very much, I just rented a hotel in Dali to operate yesterday

Hopefully my advice below could be useful to you:

1. Actually Kunming is a part of Yuennan. When you get of the plane in WuJiaJai Airport (I dont know whether I spell correct for the airport name), it's already Kunming. So you dont need to get bus to Kunming.

2. From the Kunming Airport, you could ride bus / taxi to the Kunming Train Station. There is also the bus terminal to Lijiang / Dali.

3. Lijiang is already a very well developed travel place. Below are the comparation between Dali and Lijiang:

Lijiang:
- more scenery place
- well developed and many traveller.
- Many pub / bar also that somehow noisy at night

Dali:
- fewer scenery place
- much smaller when compare to Lijiang

From my view, if you want more scenary and a popular place, stay longer in Lijiang. Otherwise, if you want a place to rest, Dali is more suitable to you.

I myself somehow tired the busy in HK so I decided to stay in Dali for while and run a hotel here. Hopefully my advice would be useful for you
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dali - worth visiting
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code