Menu
HOMESTAY!
Feb 28, 2005 20:09
  • WEIJING
My family are living in SHANGHAI, CHINA.

Our family could offer a very comfortable homestay. There are 5 members in our family, grandpa, grandma, father, mother and a lovely pug. We offered a 15sq.m. room and we could offer a very good chinese condition. My grandpa is a retired president of university and grandma is a retired officer of government. They are very kind, friendly and really like to communicate with foreign students.

We offered:
· Shared bathroom
· breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fruit and sock are free as well.
· Internet access
· Airport pick up
ADDRESS: Wuzhong RD (near HONGQIAO, foreign accumulation point)
FEES:900RMB/WEEK

THANK YOU
Mar 14, 2005 11:39
  • LALPATELTX
I come to Shanghai several times a year - mainly for work. I love the city and would like to get to know people who live there -and their way of living.

Your offer of Homestay looks interesting and tempting. Perhaps I can at least meet you during my next visit in April.

Let me know.

Lal Patel, Houston, Texas USA
Mar 14, 2005 12:04
  • PEPPERMINT
Wat a bless that now foreigners can choose to live at a native's home, which offers a better perspective for them to understand Chinese people and Chinese culture!
Mar 18, 2005 06:59
  • HOLLEHO
Hallo,
we are looking for a home stay for our son in Shanghai. As a German student he will have an internship this year (August - October) in Shanghai.
He just started his Chinese intensive language course so he will be able to speak and understand a bit of your language. In addition to that he is speaking English and French as well. As a former Diplomat I am (the father)working right now in Brussels.
Your answer will be highly appreciated

Mar 18, 2005 22:03
  • WEIJING
Dear Holleho,

I am so glad to receive your reply.

For our family, to be a homestay is not for making money just an interesting thing for a traditional Chinese family. Homestay is a new thing for most Chinese.

At first, I want to introduce some circumstantiality of my family. I think it is good for you to compare my family and other homestay suppliers. I am a 22yrs old girl and studying at New Zealand for business for 2yrs. The room for your son is my room in my family. It is a new room and I just living there for a little month. About the room and my family I can send you some pictures. So can you give me your email address?

My grandpa is a retired president of university and grandma is a retired officer of government. Father is a sales man and mother is a housewife because she retired. And we also have got a lovely PUG, named Kangkang means healthy doggy. They can not say any foreign language Chinese is the only one communication way in my family so I think for your son study Chinese will be a very fast thing.

We offer:

• Private room
• Shared bathroom
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fruit and sock are free as well.
• Internet access
• Airport pick up

If you need any other thing we have not supply just tell me we can negotiate about it.

If you really want your son to live at our family, can you send us a picture of your family? It is also a communication. :)

Thank you and looking forward for your reply.

Weijing TAN
Mar 18, 2005 22:12
  • WEIJING
Sorry for unclearly about my first forum.

My famliy want to supply a homestay for foreign people. I discuss with my grandparents again, they want their homestay grandchild is a youth, who is a student can speak general chinese and want to learn more.

Thank you~!
Mar 18, 2005 23:08
  • HOLLEHO
Dear Weijing Tan,
thanks for your reply. We are happy to find your family. On behalf of my son Patrick (23 years old)studying in Germany/Koeln, I will answer your e-mail.
Patrick will stay in Shanghai up from the beginning of August til the end of October 2005.
He has an internship with the DELEGATION of GERMAN Industry and Commerce.
The adress is: 29F POS Plaza, 1600 Century Avenue Pudong
in 200122 Shanghai.
We are from Germany but we live right now in Brussels-Belgium.
I had been a Diplomat in the US/Washington D.C. and now (since 6 years) I'am working with the European Commission in Brussels.
For further details/discussions please send your following e-mails to this adress:
cec.eu.int|horst.hollenbach
or
gmx.de|ho.hollenbach
My son will answer your messages up from tuesday next week.
Probably we will be in Shanghai sometimes in the beginning of May as I have an official mission to China and my son will be with me.
We would also be happy in having you in Europe/Brussels in our home (big house) for a couple of month if you wish.
Best regards to your family
Horst, Beatrix (my wife), Patrick Hollenbach
and 2 parrots and one nice dog
Post a Reply to: HOMESTAY!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code