Menu
Nanjing gives public 106 drunken drivers!
Nov 6, 2009 02:55
  • JIMMYB
From now on, Nanjing will expose those drunken drivers in media. Today, 106 drunken drivers who were detained in July are exposed in a local newspaper. According to the Nanjing Communications Department, giving public those drunken drivers can give them a big shock and force them not to drive under the influence of alcohol again.

In June, a drunken guy in Nanjing ran over 9 people. 3 died on the spot, 2 died in hospital and 5 got wounded seriously. A lawyer said that he might be sentenced to life imprisonment, to be more serious, death penalty. Since then, Nanjing started to crack down drunken driving. All drunken drivers would be added to the blacklist. Later, Nanjing came up with an idea to expose those drunken drivers. The purpose is to educate those drunken drivers not to break the law again. Meanwhile, other drivers will learn a lesson from the drunken driver too.

Well, the drunken drivers seem to be unsatisfied with this. During an interview, a guy who did drunken driving said that it was not fair since he had been detained for 15 days and handed in fines.
Nov 9, 2009 05:12
  • DODGER
Jimmy, what seems to be lacking is Driver education. I just don’t think that enough Drivers really understand the consequence of their actions.
Driving at night with no light on is dangerous
Reverse driving down a highway because you’ve missed the turn off is dangerous.
To push and shove each other while behind the wheel of a one ton car is…..
I could go on with another thousand things that I see every day.
You can layer as many rules and regulation as you want, but until people understand why this or that rule is in place, they will ignore it.
I might also add that when the upholders of these rules start applying them to themselves, so that one rule fits all, they just might start being held in a higher regard by all.
Dodger.

Nov 12, 2009 00:40
Dodger, I am with you. Currently, China has trained many killers on the road. After training one month in the driving school, they will drive on the road. Some of them even didn't pass the exams. If you learn what I said, you wouldn't be surprised why there are so many traffic accidents in China.
Post a Reply to: Nanjing gives public 106 drunken drivers!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code