Menu
Shanghai Pudong to Ningbo best way to travel
Nov 21, 2009 23:37
guest16989 My husband is arriving Shanghai Pudong at 08.00 on Thursday and needs to get to Ningbo where I am. What is the best, most convenient method of public transport - he'll have a biggish suitcase? I did the journey in September but paid a fortune for the taxi (300RMB) from the airport to Shanghai South Bus Station, then took the bus which was ok, but I've recently taken the train between Shanghai South and Ningbo and wondered if that would be a better option. Alternatively, I see he can take a coach from Pudong to Hangzhou, from where he could take the train to Ningbo - but I don't know if the bus and train stations are near each other in Hangzhou (he speaks NO Chinese so I think he'd better not having to negotiate taxis!).
Dec 21, 2009 03:59
  • ELLYSE
Good grief, did you get stuck in heavy traffic from Pudong airport to Shanghai South long-distance bus station, or what? 300 RMB would get you an airport transfer, not just a normal taxi.
I would suggest that he take airport shuttle no.7 (20 RMB) to Shanghai South long-distance bus station, then a long-distance bus to Ningbo.
If you've any more queries, email to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Dec 21, 2009 09:28
  • GEE69

I am on my second trip to China, but this time I am just transiting through Shanghai (Pudong). I have about 4 1/2 hours of time available at Pudong.

Is there anything useful I can do. I know it is far off the main attractions like Nanjing Road and Hwang Pu.

But I want to know if any Pudong site seeing trips will be available for me.
I am even ready to go out on my own, in case time is not a problem.

I would be in Pudong on 27th DECEMBER, from 1:30 pm till take my next flight at 6:40 pm.

Dec 22, 2009 23:09
  • ELLYSE
First off, I presume you're eligible for a transit visa?
Have you been to Shanghai before?
What are your sightseeing interests and preferences like?
Do you have to pick-up luggage when you arrive, or will it be checked through to your final destination? Is your next flight out an international or domestic one? Do you have to go through check-in again for your next flight?
You might want to email directly to yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Gee69) in the subject line.
May 22, 2010 09:10
  • ANKUR
i m travelling to China on 3rd of june.will be landing at 8pm..the thing is i need to travel to yuhuan county,Zhejiang province after landing in Pudong and i m not able to find any information regarding it on the internet

waiting for ur reply
regards
ankur gupta
May 22, 2010 13:30
  • ELLYSE
There is a bus from Shanghai main long-distance bus station to Yuhuan at 2100, fare 160 RMB. However I don't think you'll be in time to catch this bus as you still need time to get out of the airport etc. It would be better to stay overnight in Shanghai, then catch the earliest departure next morning, at 0930.
If you have any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Ankur) in the subject line.
Mar 22, 2011 11:39
GUEST20258 Dear friend,

I am arriving to Shanghai pudong international airport at 14.30 hrs, i need to reach Ningbo by bus.
Can some body suggest form air port to which bus station i should go to get bus for Ningbo.
Mar 22, 2011 22:55
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST20258

Dear friend,

I am arriving to Shanghai pudong international airport at 14.30 hrs, i need to reach Ningbo by bus.
Can some body suggest form air port to which bus station i should go to get bus for Ningbo.

Upon arriving at Pudong airport, you could take airprot shuttle bus line 7 to reach shanghai South Railway station. The Shanghai south long-distance bus station is close to the railway station. You could either take a bullet train from shanghai South railway station or a bus from South Long-distance busstation to reach Ningbo. I prefer a bus personally.
Mar 26, 2011 04:41
GUEST00103 I need to travel from Ningbo to Shanghai Pudong Airport in mid April. If I wish to catch a 1830 flight from Shanghai Pudong Airport, when is the latest time I need to leave Ningbo. which is the best way, train? or bus? from ningbo to shanghai pudding airport? thanks
Mar 27, 2011 01:42
GUEST5246 How to go there: take D trains from Ningbo to Shanghao Hongqiao Railway Station and then walk around 10 minutes to T2 of Hongqiao Airport to take airport shuttle bus line 1 to Pudong airport.

D trains: around 3 hours.
Airport shuttle bus: around 1 hours.

You may need take D trains that leaves around 12:00 from Ningbo for Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to ensure that you have enough time to board your plane.
Jun 21, 2011 20:58
GUEST10134 i want to travel from shanghai to ningbo via bullet train.I will be arriving at shanghai airport on the 3 july.Please advice me.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Pudong to Ningbo best way to travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code