Menu
Winter attire
Nov 25, 2009 19:22
  • VIVIENNEOH
I'm from a tropical country where there is no winter season. I will be going for to Northeast China with a guided tour covering places like Harbin, Changchun, Jilin, Shenyang, Dalian.

Since my travelling period is end-December'09, the weather will be freezing cold at -20 celcious probably. I have a wool trench coat, it is suitable to wear? or should I wear something like parka jacket? Anyone know whether the places I mentioned will be covered by snow or ice on the floor? If have a long leather boot but with heal, is it suitable to wear if it is on snow or ice flooring? or should I just wear a sport shoe?

I will appreciate any advice on the proper winter attire and footwear to wear during the winter time in places like Harbin.
Dec 19, 2009 01:55
GUESTJACK SL... dont wear anything
Dec 20, 2009 14:22
  • ELLYSE
Dressing thick isn't as effective as dressing smart. It's easy to tell who're from warmer climes eg Singapore as they invariably look like overstuffed teddy bears.
Your inner layers (long underwear) are the most important, multiple layers if necessary.
Get good snow shoes, or shoes with fluffy insides, especially the inner soles, as these will help to insulate your feet against the cold. Cold feet are a recipe for chills. However these aren't meant for extended periods of wear, only when you're going to the snow and ice sculpture exhibitions etc -- we wore ours for all 12 days of our trip and suffered from sore feet as a result.
Wear double layer of gloves if possible, especially useful when taking photos. Thick (eg skiing) gloves are useless during photo-taking, they limit your fingers' agility and you'll be taking them off constantly, defeating their purpose in the 1st place.
Some warm-looking sweaters actually let in a lot more wind than you realise, wear close-knit ones for maximum insulation.
Post a Reply to: Winter attire
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code