Menu
guangzhou/guangzhou east = same station?
Nov 27, 2009 17:30
guestSha hi,

I am planning to travel from hongkong to dali by train. from the train schedule search I see there is a train from guangzhou to kunming. but to get there, I can only see trains from hong kong to guangzhou east. are these two the same station? or will I need to make my way to somewhere else to get between the two trains? and is this the best/most efficient way to get there? (without spending a lot of money)

any help with this would be appreciated!
Nov 29, 2009 07:52
  • BILLCAI
Hi,
Guangzhou East railway station and Guangzhou railway station is two different stations, but not too far from each other, you can take metro and taxi, it takes around 20 minutes.
Nov 30, 2009 03:11
  • MARKC
GUESTSHA,

What time do you arrive at GZ East Station? Do NOT take a taxi to GZ Railway Station, it could take you 30-60 minutes! Traffic is horrendous sometimes.

Take the MTR (metro/underground), buy a ticket to GZ Railway Station (it's on Line 2 about 3 stations north of the middle change over station). Take Line 1 to Gong Yuan Qian station (7 stops) then changeover to Line 2 heading towards San Yuan Li and get off after 3 stops for GZ Railway Station.

30 minutes including your walking time station to station I'd say.

Good luck!

---
Mark Clayton
Director
FS Security Group Ltd.
www.fssecure.com
Dec 20, 2009 11:05
  • ELLYSE
No, those are definitely 2 different train stations. How much luggage will you have? Don't go on the metro if you have anything more than a backpack and small carry-on.
Dec 20, 2009 23:49
  • DUDU
Guangzhou Railway Station and Guangzhou East Railway Station are two different stations.
The traffic around Guangzhou East Railway Station is quite heavy, if not much luggage, you can take subway line 1 to Gong Yuan Qian then change to line 2 to Guangzhou Railway Station.
Have a good trip!
Post a Reply to: guangzhou/guangzhou east = same station?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code