Menu
Is this medical negligence?
Nov 29, 2009 22:06
  • KEVIN0518
n 84 year old man was sent to a hospital due to the fracture of his right leg. However, the doctor had an operation on his left leg and implanted a titanium alloy clad steel plate in his left leg. How ridiculous!

Currently, the president of this hospital was released from his position and those two doctors who did that operation were relieved of their posts for self-examination.

I am scared. How could they make such a mistake?
Nov 30, 2009 12:16
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh, doctors make some stupid mistakes. That's why you are always advised to get 'second' opinion. That's all they are. You are paying for opinions. You would think that after studying medicine for more than 10 years, they would get their act together but they don't. To think that people's lives are in their hands that's why they are being paid huge sums of money. Here in US, they are practically worshipped because 'they know what they are talking about'. Yet, not a day goes by without news about doctors screwing up. Wait till they 'accidentally' leave a surgical instrument in your abdomen or take out the wrong organ.
Nov 30, 2009 21:25
  • JIMMYB
These two surgeons are totally two idiots.
Dec 2, 2009 20:12
GUESTFRANK this is very good.
Dec 18, 2009 21:17
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

These two surgeons are totally two idiots.

Jimmyb, it seems that there are more and more idiots today. Yesterday, I also learned another news which said that a patient died due to the doctor and the nurse's negligence. The doctor was watching Kungfu Panda at that time and didn't know that the ventilator stopped working.

The hospital explained that it was an accident. The black-out happened that night.
Jan 16, 2010 19:33
  • LARRYBOY
You are a little behind SGot2B,, That mistake has already happened,with a surgeons leaving an instrument or a sponge inside of a person. Also wrong organs have already been taken out. This is nothing new with doctors that are more focused on (self image) than the patient. You are right it is a stupid mistake but they have to be stupid to make the mistake,, there is a difference!! Next time you go to the emergency room for anything.... just sit back and watch how most of these so called practitioners are self righteous in what they do. To them its a soap opera and they think they are the stars while you suffer for 4 or more hours waiting. My opinion,, I think it is their reaction time that kills more patients than the wrong treatment or diagnosis. People have died in an uncrowded waiting room. I have seen this myself. It only takes a few stupid doctors to ruin it for the rest of them. LB
Post a Reply to: Is this medical negligence?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code