Menu
3G
Nov 29, 2009 23:34
  • ENTRIPRENEUR
help! I have a 3G phone from the states. I know i have to use Unicom, however, I still cannot get connectect to the internet even though the 3G icon is displayed on the phone. Is there any other settings I need to do to the phone?

Thanks
Nov 30, 2009 03:23
  • JIMMYB
Hi Entripreneur,

Did you buy the your 3G phone from the telecom operator in US? If so, you might need to unlock your 3G phone. Usually, these telecom operators only allow their users to use their sim cards. If you want to use other sim-cards, you need to unlock your cellphone first.

If your cellphone displays 3G icon, I guess that there might be something wrong with your cellphone, probably sofware malfunction.
Dec 1, 2009 16:40
  • ENTRIPRENEUR
I get make and receive calls as well as texts, just no internet access.
Dec 1, 2009 20:11
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTRIPRENEUR

I get make and receive calls as well as texts, just no internet access.

Probably, you didn't configue your cellphone network correctly.
Dec 1, 2009 23:34
  • ENTRIPRENEUR
yes, this is what i am asking, how do i config it. :)
Dec 2, 2009 01:17
  • JIMMYB
Well, at least you should tell me your cellphone mode, what brower you use. I am trying to help you but I am not sure that I can fix your problem,hehe.
Dec 2, 2009 03:51
Hi,
You need to activate the 3G service from the network provider, for that you should call there service call center, they will guide you to setup your phone to access there services, If you just wanna use the Internet you may do it by just simply using the GPRS service. I hope that would solve out your problem.

If still not then you should go to a unicom office to resolve, that would be the fastest to solve.

Sam
Last edited by SAMUNCLEROCKS: Dec 2, 2009 03:57
Dec 2, 2009 20:39
  • JIMMYB
Sam might be right. Contact the service hotline of China Unicom first to see if they can help you.
Post a Reply to: 3G
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code