Menu
Chengdu-Xian-Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu
Dec 1, 2009 16:07
guest51142 Hi Everyone ,

I was hoping someone could give us some advice. Me and my family are arriving in Chengdu on the 28 January night and leave on the 4th Feburary. We would like to see the panda reserve, terracotta army in Xian, and Jiuzhaigou

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to go abbout this given the limited time we have. We are willing to spend a bit more on flights if required?

Thanks for your help
Dec 2, 2009 05:15
  • SALSAFONDER
I think you should stay on night in chengdu and then talke a flight to Jiuzhaigou next day. It is 40 mins for this trip. When you arrive at Huanglong airport, you have to take a taix to Jiuzhaigou then. You need to plan two days for staying in Jiuzhaigou. After this trip, you can come back to Chengdu again. Panda reserve located in eastnorth of Chengdu and outside of third ring. However, half of day should be enough for you to visit panda. It is one hour flight from chengdu to xian. but terra cotta warriors is not in xian city. You have to take taix or find a local turist company to help you there. you think you need to spend one day for visiting this attraction.
If anything you do not understand very well, just drop me a message.

Dec 2, 2009 13:58
GUEST51142 Thanks for your reply !!

it was very helpful
Dec 16, 2009 01:59
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,

1-For jiuzaigou, it will be pretty cold for the mountain, so pls definitely to bring thick down coat.

2-Last time i visit jiuzaigou is in Sept'09, and part of the road from jiuzaigou to huanglong is under reconstruction, so the road is very bad, pls double check in chengdu for the road then you make suitable decision.

3-As for your visiting period, it is end of Jan and earlier of Feb, it is Chinese New Spring Festival, all the transportation ( flight / bus/train) will be very busy and sometimes it is difficult to get the ticket.

So if you can postpone your visiting schedule, i suggest to visit here after Feb ' 09 .It is much better and easy.

Bdgs&Tks,
Susan(China guide)

MSN:hotmail.com|Susan205060
Dec 21, 2009 03:51
  • ELLYSE
A little tight and you'll have to spend quite a bomb on flights, though it's possible if you don't mind the rush and the expense.
Are you also leaving from Chengdu, or where? What time do you have to leave on 4/2?
You might want to email directly to yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Jan 13, 2010 10:51
GUESTCT Hi - do you recommend taking the Chengdu-Jiuzhaigou trip by flight or road? I hear that the road trip is very beautiful but also a bit scary with lots of ravines and sometimes landslides and delays due to traffic accidents.
How much roughly if we rent a car plus driver (and English speaking guide) for 6 days (Chendu+ round trip to Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong+ back to Chengdu)?
2 of us plan to go in September 2010.
Thanks very much!
Jan 13, 2010 19:04
  • ELLYSE
Definitely fly.
Jan 15, 2010 07:47
GUEST52074 So the regulars here are offering help for a fee or something ?
Mar 2, 2010 23:18
GUEST17703 Hi, a group of us want to organise a trip to Jiu Zhai Gou.
I know October is the best time for autumn colours.
However, because of clashing schedules, it seems like we can only make it on the last week of September or in early-mid November.
Which would be a better time to go for nice scenery - Sep or Nov?
Thanks!
Mar 21, 2010 08:22
  • ELLYSE
Haven't been there in November. I went 1 day before October and there were some autumn colours but not too many.
Mar 31, 2010 04:37
GUESTGUEST17703 Thanks!
will try to see if we can get to Jiu Zhai Gou in the last wk of Oct...
Post a Reply to: Chengdu-Xian-Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code