Menu
Need Some Restaurant Info in Waco, TX
Dec 3, 2009 04:50
  • MADELYN
Hello guys! We are planning on establish a Fine Asian Diner (includes Chinese, Sushi, Hibachi) in Waco. We are looking at the former Marie Callender's building currently, is it a good location in waco for a restaurant? I saw it was transformed into "YOSHI Asian cuisine" once and then closed. What happened to it? Do people like Asian food around the area? Please feel free to post your advises, they will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks again!!

http://www.dineoutcheap.com
Dec 12, 2009 23:01
  • GARYKINKADE
Have you been to Waco, Texas?
I won't be giving you too much more information than what you would find on Wikipedia.
Have only observed the town(small city) from the major highways.
Has a population of appx. 125,000 and is considered a college town with Baylor University.
Am not familiar with the location of Marie Callender's.
Main diet (in my opinion) of the locals is(are) steak, chicken fried steak, chicken, potatoes,
green beans, corn and Latino foods.
However, in my area appx. 150 mi. distance, the Chinese restaurants are doing O.K.
Prices should be moderate in the $8-$15 range for a full meal.
But beware, this area is suffering an economic decline as most other areas in this
region are.
Dec 13, 2009 22:38
  • APAULT
Waco ??? Sounds like the writer is Whacko!!! This is a Chinese site.
Dec 14, 2009 00:10
  • GARYKINKADE
Now Paul....there have been other postings not particularly related to Chinese events
from the past on this site. Too numerous to list I might add, Tiger Woods ( I don't think
he is Chinese) being the most current example.
I respect you for your knowledge in regards to visas, educational teaching qualifications,
political and economical issues that you have posted and you are definitely qualified to
make comments on.
However, I do feel somewhat insulted by your senile comment of the previous post
( it is relating to a Chinese restaurant, you know) therefore you can take your medication
Or "stick it" and have a nice day while your at it.

Sincerely....Gary
Post a Reply to: Need Some Restaurant Info in Waco, TX
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code