Menu
weather Longshen february?
Dec 10, 2009 08:26
guestannika we are going to Longsheng in beginning o february...should we bring warm clothes? is it cold then?
Dec 11, 2009 11:18
  • JABAROOTOO
Of course it will be cold. It's Winter in China, February being one of the coldest months and Longsheng is in the mountains, in fact at the top of the mountains. Dhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Dec 12, 2009 02:03
  • HERBEAT
Emmm... Where is it?
Dec 12, 2009 17:39
  • BOBERT
Longsheng is in Guangxi Province about 2 hours from Guilin. It is famous for it's rice terraces. It is delightful in Spring, Autumn and Summer for hiking. It will be bitterly cold in February and a waste of time to go there at that time.
Dec 13, 2009 09:26
  • HERBEAT
Thank you very much Bob. It sounds very professional and knowladgeable, hehe. Now another job for you, a tour guide! Cheers... Y
Dec 13, 2009 21:34
  • BOBERT
I have been to Longsheng twice HERBEAT. There's not much to do there other than sightsee, but if you go with the right company I imagine it could be very romantic. Unfortunately both times I went with a male Chinese mate of mine. He chose Longji and Ping An to hide in order to punish his wife following domestic arguments. To be honest I think she enjoyed the break more than he did.

I could never qualify as a tour guide, but perhaps I could manage being a tour adviser.
Last edited by BOBERT: Dec 13, 2009 21:35
Dec 13, 2009 22:13
  • HERBEAT
... That's very interesting Bob. To hide from the wife... Kind of cute but sometimes it's enjoyable^-^ Maybe next time you want to go there, a better choice is to find a female, haha... But emm.. very romantic? from which way? Is there some sightseeings for lovers or?

I'm sure you could be qualified to be a tour guide. I still remember how helpful you are to my friend and you're always willing to help others. That's a very good character for a guide^-^ But unfortunately, not too many guides get it...
Dec 14, 2009 01:55
  • BOBERT
I would definately prefer to find a female to take to Longsheng instead of a male who thinks he is outsmarting his wife. Unfortunately I am an ugly, fat, old man with no money so my chances are low.

Longji is definately romantic. The days are spent alone walking with your lover admiring the sights in a tranquil setting. The nights are cold so it's perfect for snuggling. There is little to distract you from each other, except the stars. Evenings can be spent dining on the balcony with a glass of local wine overlooking a breathtaking serene sunset or watching the mist settle. Then it's off to bed for an early night. It's a perfect place for a lovers getaway. It's the worst place on earth to go with a Chinese mate...who snores!
Last edited by BOBERT: Dec 14, 2009 01:57
Dec 16, 2009 12:20
  • DAVEC
I went to Ping'an, its a nice place, not so nice in the winter months I am sure. If you do go watch out when walking around as they usually have stone paths, I slipped and fell into one of the fields even when it was dryish. Took me days to remove all the mud off me and the cameras.
Post a Reply to: weather Longshen february?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code