Menu
airline wholesalers
Dec 14, 2009 17:49
  • JENMARIE
I'm trying to plan a trip to Kunming and Chengdu in May or June 2010. But airfare is so expensive during that time that I'm not sure I can work it out. Has anyone in the US used any of the airline wholesalers? Their prices seem too good to be true. I've seen some comments on other sites saying that they were more expensive than quoted, but I'm wondering if the final price was still lower than the price on Expedia or similar sites. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Dec 20, 2009 10:35
  • JABAROOTOO
Don't know what wholesalers you are referring to but if you use any of the domestic suppliers like TCG,and Ctrip or go directly to the airlines themselves you will definitely get a better deal. Mid May or June would be the best time. Try to avoid the first few days of Mays as it is a public holiday and fares are high.
Dec 20, 2009 14:26
  • ELLYSE
You're looking too early for domestic flight prices.
Dec 20, 2009 14:32
  • JENMARIE
A Chinese friend of mine suggested that I try to find international airfare to Beijing, Shanghai, or Hong Kong, and then separately book the domestic flight from a special site for domestic travel to move on to Kunming and Chengdu. I'm guessing that second part is the part you are referring to. When is a good time to search for the domestic fares?
Dec 21, 2009 03:44
  • ELLYSE
No more than 2 months in advance.
Post a Reply to: airline wholesalers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code