Menu
advice for visa holders
Dec 23, 2009 01:43
  • SMILE1212
Hello my dear friends,

Visa is important for you in china!
Firstly. L visa holders should pay attention to the date ,as it’s valid for 30days, and it can be extended for 2 times and each time is 30 days.

secondly, if you want to stay in china for a longer time ,you'd better convert it to F visa or Z visa .

Thirdly,if you want to work in china ,you'd better apply for a Z visa (residence permit),it's valid for a year.

At last ,please pay attention to the expiring date,or will be given a warnning paper

Merry christmas and have a good time i n china!

regards
Amanda

TEL:13811424228
MSN/EMAIL:hotmail.com|amanda-vie

Dec 24, 2009 20:26
GUEST17577 Thanks for your advice!!
Dec 25, 2009 00:04
  • APAULT
Sorry Amanda, but your post is not entirely accurate. The first tourist (L) visa one obtains outside China might be for less than 30 days and can be for up to 90 days for a single entry visa (actually I have met two people with 180 day single entry visas, but that seems outside the rules!).. The maximum depends on many things but especially your nationality and where you apply for it.

A multiple entry visa normally has a maximum period of 60 days per visit, though it could be for a shorter stay on each visit, and may allow entry up to 1 year from the date of issue.

You cannot simply convert from a tourist visa to an F or a Z, you must satisfy more stringent conditions. Agents often have ways and means when you are not strictly entitled to such visas, for a fee. The Z visa is not a residence permit, but on entry to China, you and your employer apply for your temporary residence permit (in reality another visa!)

These matters are fully explained in the TCG visa section... www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa.htm

Dec 25, 2009 22:03
  • POPOGUY
The rules and regulations are not always the same, because they can be altered according to various conditions.
Dec 26, 2009 21:55
GUEST87220 do you need to provide a police certificate?
Dec 27, 2009 08:32
  • JABAROOTOO
Z visa is technically only valid for 30 days after entry to China in which period it MUST be converted to a Permanent Residency Permit. If not both you and your work unit may be fined.

This is From personal experience so do not ignore this matter.
30 days MAX on a Z visa
Dec 27, 2009 20:08
  • SMILE1212
ThanksAPAULT ,i think i didn't express clearly !tourist (L) visa is obtained outside China for single or multy entry!but tourist visa just can be extended 2 times and each time for 30 days!
About the residence permit (for 1year),and the temporary Z visa(for 30 days ),After getting the temporary Z visa,you come back to china and apply for the work permit and residence permit (it's for 1 year)
Feb 1, 2010 22:44
GUEST14067
Quote:

Originally Posted by APAULT

A multiple entry visa normally has a maximum period of 60 days per visit, though it could be for a shorter stay on each visit, and may allow entry up to 1 year from the date of issue.

My multiple entry visa has 90 days duration of each stay.
Well, I mean my PREVIOUS visa had, since the border police cancelled it due to a 2 (two!) days overstay. I was fined RMB 1000 and sent to the PSB to apply for a 10 day visa! So when I get this I have 10 days to leave China! I just say: Thank you so much for your kindness and hospitality towards foreigners, China!!!!!
Feb 4, 2010 11:29
  • APAULT
The multiple entry visas used to be 90 days but 60 days is the typical limit now.

You would be treated far worse in many western countries for overstaying your visa, which is a serious offence - maybe you should check what your own country's policy is. Overall the Chinese are quite relaxed and generous on visa matters
Post a Reply to: advice for visa holders
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code