Menu
Hohhot to Xian via Yellow river (huang he)
Mar 3, 2005 12:24
  • ANDREWHARRIS
I was wondering if for a section of the journey between Hohhot and Xian I could follow the Huang he or whether for a day or so I could get off the train, take a boat down the river and then get back onto the train at a station further down and continue to Xian.
I haven't been able to find anything like what I am looking for- is this because it doesn't exist or am I looking in the wrong place?
The train from Datong to Xian goes inland further than I want and I would rather travel along the river or on the western side of the river, is it possible?
Thanks
Andrew
Mar 3, 2005 14:29
  • MERMAID
You can take train 1674 from Hohhot to Xi'an. The train leaves at 1144 and arrives xi'an at 0951 the next morning.As the train passes Fenglingdu at around 7 o'clock the next morning you will see Huanghe. The train also passes all the important cities like Datong, Taiyuan,Pingyao,etc. So you can choose to get off as you like.
Mar 3, 2005 15:19
  • FREEMAN
hi
if you arrive in xian and need any help,just contact me. if you speak english, it will be better.
Mar 3, 2005 22:05
  • ANDREWHARRIS
yeah, i saw that train but i was hoping there was another way.
where would be better to get off, pingyao or taiyuan?
XIe Xie freeman, I will be in contact over the private messages
Mar 4, 2005 12:21
  • MERMAID
I am heartbroken.
I found that info for you but u didnot show thanks anyway while u gave thanks to some with lip service.
Anyway, i suggest you to get off in Ping Yao for there is much to see. And Pingyao is located nearer to both Lingshi County for the Wang's Family House and Qixian County for the Qiao's family than Taiyuan.
In Taiyuan, only Jinci Temple is famous but u can see such Buddhist temple anywhere.
Mar 4, 2005 21:37
  • FREEMAN
Firstly i did not tell my ways of contacting simply because i am not sure wheather you need my help.
i am not the person who only gives lip promise. my MSN is hotmail.com|wxbxian. and welcome you come to xian and wish you a happy journey.
Mar 5, 2005 23:38
  • ANDREWHARRIS
Sorry Mermaid, I didn't mean to offend you, I appreciate the effort- but as I said in my earlier post I already know about the train on the eastern side of the river and was hoping for a train on the western side. I have already spent hours trying to find the best train times on both this site and on others on the internet.
Mar 17, 2005 00:02
  • LOESS
Did you visit HuKo waterfall, a yellow one, in Yellow River? That is the most dramatic scene belonging to Yellow River, the remains of this mother river cannot support Chinese as before, such as in Tang dynasty. Strictly speaking it is not a river now, it more like brook! I know the details about this river, because my master thesis is focused on the geological evolution of Yellow river.
Post a Reply to: Hohhot to Xian via Yellow river (huang he)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code