Menu
How many times do I have to ask this?
Jan 15, 2010 04:17
GUEST18158 I have read this topic with interest as I would like to get a work visa/permit (z visa) to work in China. It appears that they have tightened up the procedure for this and insist on an applicant obtaining a certificate of no criminal record from the police force in their home country and getting it notarised at the Chinese Embassy as part of the application process. There is no way around this as any request I make for this information will clearly show my previous conviction despite the fact it was 22 years ago and legally spent under the UK Rehabilitation Of Offenders act.
It states clearly on a number of official websites that a work visa will only be granted to someone with NO criminal record. This is bad news for me as I was convicted of a relatively minor crime 22 years ago and if I accepted the job I have been offered to work in Shanghai would not only be unsuccessful but also suffer the embarrassment of my conviction becoming public and possibly affecting my current job.
So much for redemption and rehabilitation. The mistake I made as a young man will likely stop me ever being able to live and work in another country.

See link below for confirmation of this

http://boscoho.com/09Joomla/china-employment-z-visa
Jan 23, 2010 10:22
  • APAULT
I had been hoping to meet a receent applicant for a Z visa to ask this question but unfortunately have not met one since your post. So I checked the application form on the Sydney, Australia website - there is absolutely no mention of a criminal record check. I suggest you look on your local Chinese consulate website and see what the form says.

I would not take too much notice of that website you mention as it is aimed at one province whereas you will apply through a consulate, and it is also wrong for applications in most western countries in that it says you need to complete a health check to get the visa, and you must supply a resume in Chinese.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How many times do I have to ask this?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code