Menu
where to travel after Jiuzhai Valley...
Jan 1, 2010 06:20
  • DAGHOI
Hello !
What a good way to start the new year, to look into china travel plans for 2010
Hope someone here can help me with me plans and see what is realistic in time of need for transport between sites etc.
Here is roughly what I want to do:
I have around two weeks and start in Beijing. I will probably have to return to BJ for my flight back home. My first plan was to see Jiuzhai Valley, perhaps a short “cruise” on Yangtze, then Huangshan, Suzhou/Hangzhou then back to Beijing. I realize that this will require a lot of travelling, so I will probably have to “trim” it a bit.
Another idea im playing with is to focus more on Sichuan. Do Jiuzhai, then something like Chengdu, Emeishan, Panda reserve, Lijiang perhaps parts of the Three Parallel rivers area.
Appreciate if anyone has any suggestion for travel in the area and to the two itineraries mentioned above. I can mentioned that I have seen cities like Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing and Li River area before, so I will try to see more nature scenery this time. I can spend some money to make transport easy and efficient (Not on a very tight budget, but do not want to spend unnecessary money either..)
Hope some experienced travelers take time to give me some suggestions here. If there are places you recommend I skip, please tell. Same if there are some I should add, please suggest.
Thanks
Jan 1, 2010 09:36
  • JABAROOTOO
With just two weeks you need to keep your trip compact. You could spend two weeks in Lijiang area alone. Or fly into Jiuzaigou and then travel overland down to Lijiang, via Maerkang and Zhongdian (Shangrila) and fly out from Lijiang.

Of course the time of year would affect your itinerary as it is harder to travel some of these places during the winter months. Check out the maps and just remember that any travel other than flying si slow in western Sichuan and Yunnan
Jan 2, 2010 02:02
  • ELLYSE
Absolutely do NOT go on the 3 Gorges cruise, least of all in winter. If you want my full trip report and candid photos, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Daghoi) in the subject line.
If you're more interested in scenery and such, and only have 2 weeks (not including sightseeing in Beijing, I presume) then Yunnan province would be an excellent choice. In about 12 days you could realistically cover Meilixueshan (Kawa Karpo), Zhongdian, Lijiang, Dali and Kunming.
Post a Reply to: where to travel after Jiuzhai Valley...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code