Menu
How do I check train schedules here ?
Jan 5, 2010 02:26
guest52074 Hi all,

I am plan a China trip to cover from Guilin to ZhangJiaJie & Fenghuang and like to check the train schedule.

Must I key I the name place or station of departure and arrival to start with ?

Is there any page or website where I can see how the route goes before I decide where to depart or arrive ? It will be easier this way.

Is there no general thread name for China ? Must I choose a destination to post a general question ?
Jan 5, 2010 11:27
  • ELLYSE
Chinese train routes are complicated and there's no way to put them on a map. Some Chinese websites that I use allow you to see all the departures or arrivals at a particular station, or a particular train's route complete with all the stops.
From what I see on the forum it seems possible to post a thread without needing to name a destination.
Jan 7, 2010 00:10
  • LEMONCACTUS
Try this map (link below), which gives a small idea of main lines (though no idea if it's still accurate)... but Ellyse is right, there are thousands of stations and they're impossible to map. Yeah, it would be easy if such a map existed, but China is way too big a place to offer any "easy" solutions for independent travellers. If you want easy, take a tour.
http://www.johomaps.com/as/china/chinarail.html

Try looking at a map of China and choosing large cities near where you want to go, putting those in your start/finish points and then looking at what comes up in between. The link at the top of this page, with the train on it, gives you lists of all the stations on a particular route, once you've chosen your start/finish points.

To post a question with no particular destination, just choose the "general" option, rather than selecting a specific place.
Post a Reply to: How do I check train schedules here ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code