Menu
Long time no see! Share some cyber catchwords with you!
Jan 8, 2010 02:35
  • ZOEY
Source: Chinadaily

Chinadaily has listed Top Ten Internet Catchphrases of 2009. It is very interesting and I would like to share them with all of you. There are also pictures with each catchword.

No.1 不差钱(búchàqián)---Money is not a problem

At 2009 Spring Festival Gala (a CCTV’s Televison Program), Zhao Benshan and Xiaoshenang (his stage name) performed an extempore skit called 不差钱(Money is not a problem). Later on, 不差钱 was popular throughout 2009.

Jan 8, 2010 02:36
  • ZOEY
No.2 哥抽的不是烟,是寂寞(gē chōu de bú shì yān shì jì mò)!---What brother is smoking is not a cigarette, but loneliness.

At the beginning of July in 2009, a guy who posted a photo which depicted a young man ate noodles. Here is a sentence beside that photo “哥吃的不是面,是寂寞(What brother is eating is not noodles, but loneliness)” After this photo was released, many people started to make similar sentences.

To modern people, loneliness is also a kind of illness and we are still looking for some pills to cure it.

• ZOEY
No.3 贾(jiǎ)君(jūn)鹏(péng)你(nǐ)妈(mā)妈(mā)喊(hǎn)你(nǐ)回(huí)家(jiā)吃(chī)饭(fàn)!---Jia Junpeng, your mom asks you to get back home to take some food.

A guy posted a topic in a forum of the World of Warcraft. This topic just had a title “Jia Junpeng, your mom asks you to get back home to take some food” and there was no content. However, it won 7,100,000 views and 300,000 replies.

• ZOEY
No.4人(rén)生(shēng)就(jiù)像(xiàng)茶(chá)几(jī),上(shàng)面(mian)摆(bǎi)满(mǎn)了(le)杯(bēi)具(jù)。---Life is like a tea table, with bitter cups placed all over it.

杯具 (cups) and 悲剧 (tragedy) are pronounced similarly. So people use 杯具 to express their sadness etc instead of 悲剧。Besides, there are: 餐具 and 惨剧(dinnerware and tragedy), 洗具 and 喜剧(washing machine and comedy, and 茶具 and 差距(tea vessels and gap).

Jan 8, 2010 02:37
  • ZOEY
No.5 不(bú)要(yào)迷(mí)恋(liàn)哥(gē),哥(gē)只(zhǐ)是(shì)个(gè)传(chuán)说(shuō)。---Don’t be obsessed with brother. He is just a legend.

Xiaoshenyang also said “Don’t be obsessed with me. I am just a legend.”

Jan 8, 2010 02:38
  • ZOEY
No.6 人情债,我肉偿了(rén qíng zhài wǒ ròu cháng le)。---My debts of gratitude has been repaid with my body!

This phrase comes from 蜗居(Dwelling Narrowness), a very popluar TV series of 2009 in China. Even some foreign media reports it. To learn more about this TV series, please check the following links:
http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2009/11/26/hit-tv-series-strikes-chord-with-chinas-house-slaves/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwelling_Narrowness

• ZOEY
No.7 你(nǐ)有(yǒu)什(shén)么(me)不(bú)开(kāi)心(xīn)的(de)?说(shuō)出(chū)来(lái)让(ràng)大(dà)家(jiā)开(kāi)心(xīn)一(yí)下(xià)。---What makes you unhappy? Tell us to make us happy.

• ZOEY
No.8 你out了---You are left behind the times.

Jan 8, 2010 02:39
  • ZOEY
No.9 雷(léi)锋(fēng)做(zuò)好(hǎo)事(shì)不(bú)留(liú)名(míng),但(dàn)是(shì)把(bǎ)每(měi)一(yī)件(jiàn)事(shì)情(qíng)都(dōu)记(jì)到(dào)日(rì)记(jì)里(lǐ).---Leng Feng does good without seeking recognition, but he records everything in his diary.

Jan 8, 2010 02:39
  • ZOEY
No.10 这是不能说的太细(zhèshìbùnéngshuōdetàixì)。---It can not be explained in detail.

When somebody answered your question in this way, it implies that there must be some secrets that he didn’t want to tell you.

Jan 8, 2010 23:14
I am wondering if foreigners can understand those internet catchwords.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Long time no see! Share some cyber catchwords with you!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code