Menu
How many times have you been a bridesmaid?
Jan 12, 2010 00:42
  • JIMMYB
I am wondering if you watched 27 Dresses. A girl who has been a bridesmaid for 27 weddings finally finds her Mr. Right and gets married. In return, all 27 brides she helped serve as her bridesmaids at her wedding ceremony. It sounds romantic, right?

However, such a thing is romantic in China. It is said that girls should never be a bridesmaid more than 3 times. Otherwise, she will never find a man to get married. No one knows who said this but many moms tell their daughters to observe this strange rule because they don’t want to see their daughter be lonely all their lives.

Girls, how many times have you been a bridesmaid?
Jan 12, 2010 01:42
  • KEVIN0518
Jimmyb, what about groomsman? My friend asked me to be his groomsman at his wedding. I just wonder if there are any rules that I need to observe?
Jan 12, 2010 21:12
  • CHERRY07
Kevin, just relax. There is only one rule: just make sure that you haven't gotten married yet. I don't know where such a saying comes from. Yesterday, I just read that a girl in Hangzhou had been a bridesmaid 19 times. She almost became a professional one. She never believed that a girl who has been a bridesmaid more than 3 times will not find her Mr. Right.

Forget to say, my parents tell me that groomsman can't dress up prettier than the groom. Just remember that the groom and the bride are the focus at the wedding ceremony.
Jan 14, 2010 01:53
19 times for being a bridesmaid? That sounds crazy. According to what Jimmyb says, she will not get married with a man in the future. In my opinion, girls shouldn't be a bridesmaid many times. It is not because of the rule. You see, bridesmaid must be unmarried. Do you ever think how other people think of you if you are a bridesmaid many times?
Jan 15, 2010 02:26
  • XIAOXIAO
Interesting! I haven't been a bridesmaid before. I'd like to experience it. But I am afraid of being a bridesmaid. You know, guests love to make fun of the groomsman and bridesmaid today. Sometimes, they go beyond the border.
Jan 15, 2010 22:00
  • SISLEY
Xiaoxiao, you forgot one thing. In China, the groomsman and the bridesmaid have to help the bride and the groom drink liquor. So make sure that you can drink a lot of liquor first. Don't get drunken at the wedding ceremony, hehe.
Jan 22, 2010 02:47
  • MILES
Strange! It's the first time I've heard that a girl can't be a bridesmaid more than three times.
Post a Reply to: How many times have you been a bridesmaid?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code