Menu
working visa
Jan 13, 2010 05:57
  • MICKMUD
Hi everybody out there,
Wondering if anybody can help me with a visa issue? I am an English guy married to a Chinese girl, we have a two year old baby girl.I am currently living and working in Holland. My wife and baby are both in China.My plan is to go and work in China teaching english. I already have a job offer in Xian, where my wife lives.Looking on the forum, it all seems very complicated applying for a working visa, could anybody give me some much needed advice on the do's and don'ts when applying for a work visa?

Regards, Michael
Jan 14, 2010 00:07
  • SMILE1212
Hello Michael

If you want to apply for a work visa ,the company should also provide some documents for you ,such as the business lisence .
For youself you should provide the bachelor degree,2 years experience medical certificate and so on .this is the regulation in beijing .

to apply for the work visa :
1 apply for the employment certificate
2Invitation letter
3apply for the z visa (for one month)
4residence permit (work visa)

Amanda
Jan 14, 2010 03:20
GUEST72143 I do the visa service in qingdao ,as for ur situation. I think If the company or the school can offer u a job ,they should help you solve the problem. I suppose the school may not be a big school just a private instituion ,right? So in that case ,U can come here first with L (tourist) visa ,and then change visa.
Jan 14, 2010 03:27
  • LEEJI
I do the visa service in qingdao ,as for ur situation. I think If the company or the school can offer u a job ,they should help you solve the problem. I suppose the school may not be a big school just a private instituion ,right? So in that case ,U can come here first with L (tourist) visa ,and then change visa.
anyway, the policy sometime excute differently in different places and in this year it become a little strict.
Jan 14, 2010 11:35
  • MICKMUD
Thank you Amanda, for taking time to help me with this problem,

Regards, Michael
Jan 19, 2010 10:04
  • APAULT
Mickmud: Please see http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/introduction1.htm and check all the the subheadings on the left. This should answer your questions as we spent a lot of time working on it. If you find any problems please let me know so that I can recommend updating the content.

In a nutshell, your future employer should be able to guide you through the process though I know some know less than they should.
Post a Reply to: working visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code