Menu
Visit
Jan 24, 2010 19:37
Hi, Travel Guide members,

I am going to Guangzhou (my 3rd trip) and Shenzhen from March 21 to 26, 2010.

If I take the train from Guangzhou to Shenzhen and back, what good budget hotels do you recommend in both Guangzhou and Shenzhen? As I am travelling with my wife and daughter, I prefer a hotel near the railway station and metro.

Is Lilac International Suites ok for Guangzhou? I understand that this is near the east railway station where the train leaves for Shenzhen.

What about in Shenzhen? Where can I possibly book?

Thank you, members, for your helpful reply.

Jobert
Jan 24, 2010 20:48
  • ELLYSE
What price range is your "budget"? Would you need a triple room, or are you ok to squeeze into 2 beds?
Trains to Shenzhen leave from both Guangzhou East and Guangzhou main train station. No need to stay near train stations -- I actually don't recommend it.
If you've any more queries, you could email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg JOBERTPENAFLORIDA) in the subject line.
Jan 24, 2010 23:20
  • WANHU
SZ Railway Station Hotel is quite OK, the price is around RMB300 for family. I have stayed there, for single room is about RMB160
Wan
Jan 25, 2010 01:09
  • BOONTAT
My wife and I have traveled to many parts of China mostly with organised tours and on all the tours, we normally booked a few days to stay behind on our own to explore the departing cities further. We are thinking of going to Shantou sometime in March on our own and we are wondering that members who have traveled there on their own can offer us some pointers. Thing like where to go, moderate hotels to stay with, eating places, interesting culture places to visit etc. etc.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visit
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code