Menu
Should we forbid to eat cats and dogs?
Feb 6, 2010 02:21
  • ICEBERG
I agree with Griz. Survival is the priority. Never heard that Jimmyb raised dogs. That's cool.
Feb 8, 2010 09:06
  • DODGER
“Take my pups. You will raise them and call them Dog. They will be your guardians. They will alert you to danger, keep you warm, guard your camp, and even lay down their life to protect your life and the lives of your children. They will be companions to you and all your generations, never leaving your side, as long as Mankind shall survive. In return, you will share your food and the warmth of your fire. You will treat my children with love and kindness, and tend to them if they become ill, just as if they were born from your own belly. "
First Man and First Woman agreed. ... Before she disappeared into the darkness, she turned and spoke once more to First Man, "My children will honor the pact for all generations. But if Man breaks this pact, if you or your children's children deny even one Dog food, warmth, a kind word or a merciful end, your generations will be plagued with war, hunger, and disease, and so shall this remain until the pact is honored again by all Mankind." With this, First Dog entered the night and returned in spirit to the Creator.

From The Pact of the Fire, Lakota Sioux Legend
Dodger.

Mar 4, 2010 01:31
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICEBERG

I agree with Griz. Survival is the priority. Never heard that Jimmyb raised dogs. That's cool.

Iceberg, we have raised three dogs so far. The previous 2 dogs have died. Now we have another cute dog. When I got back home during the Spring Festival, I found that my little dog was lame. My mom told me that a car ran into him. Luckily, he survived but his hind leg was broken. Now he has almost recovered.
Mar 4, 2010 09:28
  • THESTUDENT8
i have nothing against eating cats or dogs ... well, i have not had cat yet but dog is pretty good. if people are willing to kill a cow or a pig then why not kill a dog or a cat? killing an animal is just killing an animal no matter what sort of animal it is, so either people should be willing to eat anything or nothing.

i saw something similar posted on another china expat site here - http://nanjingexpat.com/nanjing-guide-books/32-nanjing-how-to-where-to/353 - this guy seems to say something similar to me. anyway chinese food is full of strange stuff so a few 'domestic' animals can't hurt

finally it is not how the animal is killed but how it lives. if dogs and cats and pigs and chickens or anything really is kept pent up in a tiny cage and lives a miserable life then yes, i would support not eating it to prevent further cruelty
Mar 5, 2010 04:59
  • DODGER
Thestudet8, do you know how these dogs are killed?
They are beaten to death and often skinned while still alive.
There are plenty of pictures on the net to view.
Barbaric come to mind.
Dodger.

Mar 21, 2010 04:11
  • DAVEC
How animals are killed should be the issue really. If you are going to eat an animal, any animal for that matter then at least kill it in a way it doesnt suffer.

I was given dog hotpot while I was in China this time, it tastes nice but I wouldnt want to think the dog suffered prior to hitting my table.
Apr 4, 2010 17:36
I have a problem eating anything that can look me in the eye and really comprehend, as my dogs do. They are clearly personalitys in thier own right, I see how they love me, not because of food, they just do. As far as the chinese eating them, I have asked my fiance not to eat them any more, and she agreed, but I would never try to forbid her to, because it is her culture, and what her family does. I do think they should outlaw it, but this is based on my own personal beliefs, and I would expect the chinese to do as thye think is right. I also have a problem eating goat, I had one as a kid, and she was just as personable as a dog. Chickens and cows don't really bother me that much as long as they are treated humanely.
Apr 4, 2010 18:52
The dogs or cats they sell to eat in China are special breeds meant for eating. As my fiance says, I eat dog, I pet pets lol.
Apr 5, 2010 02:13
  • DODGER
I don’t but the ‘Culture’ defense.
They still stone women to death for alleged adultery in some parts of the world. It’s their culture.
They still perform female circumcision in same parts of the world; it’s their culture.
They still have honour killings in some parts of the world; it’s their culture.
They still murder people who marry outside of their cast system in some parts of the world; it’s their culture.
Pictures are freely available on the net of so called dog farms.
Pet breeds are clearly visible in some of these pictures.
These animals are not killed humanly; end of storey.
Dodger.
Apr 5, 2010 03:54
  • BOBERT
Personally I think eating dogs is a great idea, If we all ate more dogs there would be far less dog poo to stand on. Dogs are a real menace on the roads as well. Dogs also spread disease like rabies. Dogs are disgusting animals. They lick themselves everywhere, then come and lick us on the face. Yuck!

When Mao Zedong instigated the Four Pests Campaign during The Great Leap Forward he required everyone to kill rats, flies, mosquitoes and sparrows. he never included dogs on his hit list. If he had, we wouldn't have this problem today.

Forget being humane when you kill them. Have you ever seen a dog kill it's prey humanely? Of course not. They just hunt them down then rip them to shreds. We should all do the same thing. Puppies are the juiciest and most tender so that's where we should start. They're much easier to catch as well. Old dogs are very friendly so it's easy to bash them to death with a brick when they come up to lick us. Nothing like the thrill of the hunt before a good meal. Hot dogs..hot dogs..get em while they're hot.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should we forbid to eat cats and dogs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code