Menu
Chinese make tennis history!
Jan 27, 2010 13:28
  • CANADAGUY
Never before have two Chinese players reached a semi-final of a slam tournament before.
Congratulations to Na Li and Jie Zheng at this year's 2010 Australian Open tennis tournament.

Na Li is a 10 year veteran on tour with more than $2 million in prize money.
Jie Zheng is a 7 year veteran on tour also with more than $2 million in prize money.

They both face extremely tough opponents later today in the semi-finals:

Serena Williams [1] vs. Na Li
Justine Henin vs. Jie Zheng

Jan 28, 2010 06:17
  • LEMONCACTUS
Great news for Chinese tennis; sorry that they couldn't make it to the final.

Woohoo for Andy Murray though :) Just watched the match on BJTV.

Let's hope that China's so-called sports channel CCTV5 will be encouraged to show SOME tennis from time to time huh?!?!?
Jan 28, 2010 16:11
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by LEMONCACTUS

Great news for Chinese tennis; sorry that they couldn't make it to the final.

Woohoo for Andy Murray though :) Just watched the match on BJTV.

Let's hope that China's so-called sports channel CCTV5 will be encouraged to show SOME tennis from time to time huh?!?!?

Yes it's too bad the Chinese couldn't make it to the finals.
Good luck with the tennis coverage in China, I hope it improves now that the Chinese are becoming more dominant.

As for Murray, he was a bit lucky that Cilic had played a couple of 5-setters and ran out of steam because Murray was being outplayed at the start of the match.

Jan 30, 2010 03:08
  • KEVIN0518
Canadaguy,

Murray's rival in the final is Federer. I am not sure that he will defeat Federer to claim his first Grand Slam. What do you think?
Jan 30, 2010 03:12
  • KEVIN0518
Zhen Jie and Li Na did a good job though they didn't make it to the final. I am excited to see women's finals. Henin is still as tough as before. I am hoping that she will win the 2010 Australian Open.
Jan 30, 2010 18:41
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518

...Henin is still as tough as before. I am hoping that she will win the 2010 Australian Open.

I was rooting for Henin too.
It's too bad she couldn't take the title.
She certainly had her chances. She has the skills.
I believe her loss was due to lack of mental toughness and lack of match play.
Jan 30, 2010 18:46
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518

Canadaguy,

Murray's rival in the final is Federer. I am not sure that he will defeat Federer to claim his first Grand Slam. What do you think?

The only thing I know for sure is that it will be an exciting match to watch.
The two playing styles are very different; Federer the aggressor, Murray the counter-puncher.
The winner will be the one who wants it more deep down in their heart.

I'm hoping Federer comes through with his 16th.
I believe Federer has a year or two more to increase his slam count.
After that, the slams will be shared among the likes of Cilic, Del Potro, Murray, Djokovic etc..

Feb 4, 2010 02:53
  • KEVIN0518
It's a pity that Henin didn't win the champion. But I just felt happy to see that she was back. She headed to the final of Australian Open just after she returned. That's amazing.

For some reason, I didn't finish watching Men's Final. Well, I am happy to see that Federer won his 16th Grand Slam. He didn't waste much time to win the champion. Murray wasn't ready for challenging Federer's reign in men's tennis. Personally, I don't like this guy. He is overconfident. Last year, he claimed that he would defeat Federer to win the US Open. Finally, Federer gave him a good lesson. This time, Federer seemed to be upset about him. Before the final, Federer said in an interview that Britain had been searching for a male Grand Slam champion for about 150,000 years. Maybe it won't take that long. But Murray needs to work harder if he wants to realize British people's dream.

Besides, I feel very sorry for Nadal. He seemed to have bad injury. For this reason, he retired in the third set when he played with Murray. The way he plays tennis will probably affect his tennis career. This is very bad.
Post a Reply to: Chinese make tennis history!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code