Menu
Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Nov 10, 2012 04:58
GUESTJENNI I have China working visa (Z) valid until April 2013. My previous employer applied it for me last April 2012, however i resigned from my work last July 2012, and now Im back in the Philippines. I am planning to visit Shanghai on November 14 until 28. Can i proceed with my China tour using my working visa? Or do i need to apply for tourist visa? Please advice.
Nov 11, 2012 07:28
GUEST72111 Your Z visa was only valid for 30 days. It would then have been exchanged for work and residence permits. These are only valid for the original job contract. I think you will find they will now be cancelled. "Resigning" from a job (breaking a contract?) can also lead to future problems.
Nov 12, 2012 05:18
  • APAULT
In theory, the temporary residency permit (in effect a visa) should have been cancelled by the last employer but in my experience it rarely is. You can probably enter China on it, but there is a small risk of a problem. Personally I would take the risk, BUT if you are rejected, you waste a return air fare.
Dec 17, 2012 03:22
If you are in mailand with a L visa,and you have a company can prefer documents for you,you can conversion L to Z visa without leaving mailand of China.
Dec 21, 2012 06:03
  • APAULT
SARAHXIN.... I assume you mean an agent. Yes I have seen some advertise this but I doubt an ordinary company can arrange for a Z visa EVEN though I was with a friend who read a Chinese document in the Guangzhou PSB Exit and Entry office saying that Z visas could be obtained there!
Dec 21, 2012 19:39
GUEST69149 why there is no visa issue this december 2012. i have a philiipine passport. i apply for the visa to work but no issuance of visa this december they siad it will be resume on January.
Feb 28, 2013 22:06
GUEST43204 even if you have any friend business in uk and if offers you job on during tourist visa period
Mar 1, 2013 00:03
GUEST24594 Hello i am man from Syria need me " Visa job "
" job English translation "
to travel to China city of Yiwu
Can I obtain a work visa
How length of stay
And how much the cost " U.S. dollar "
thanks
Mar 6, 2014 11:24
GUESTKIM I am a British citizen currently in Suzhou along with my 2 children on Tourist Visa's. I tried to enrol onto a language course but was told I need my children's birth certificate's notarised by the Chinese embassy in England. I have sent them to England and my brother will be getting them notarised for me, however, our duration of stay expires on 11th March and I will not receive the documents back by the 10th March - the deadline given to me by the University. I was told that if I get an extension I won't be able to change our Visa's over as they can only change what we were issued in our home country. I am not in a position to fly back to the UK and then re-apply to come again. Does anyone know of an alternative solution? Thank you.
Mar 8, 2014 21:08
GUEST00754 Kim,

It's easy to extend your L at local Entry and Exit Management Bureau. You should extend it seven working days in advance. I don't know if you have done this successfully.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code