Menu
Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Mar 21, 2014 18:42
GUEST25286 What are the ways to get visa changed in China as of today?
Mar 22, 2014 21:21
GUEST56566
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST25286

What are the ways to get visa changed in China as of today?

I am afraid that it's impossible for you to change your visa types without leaving PRC after the new regulations were implemented. But you may visit the entry and exit management department in the the place where you live and ask them if it's true.
Jun 29, 2014 23:32
GUEST84125 hey guys
I just wanted to know im here on a s2 visa (visitor) im interested to stay here and learn the language and also am a dj so I can work weekends here playing in clubs ....so how do I go about it as my return is booked already il be heading back to india but I want to get back asap .
cheers guys ! :)
das
Jun 30, 2014 00:45
GUEST6789 GUEST84125,

You need to apply for a X2 type in order to study Chinese in China. However, you may not do part-time job like DJ at weekends because you hold X type issued for studying in China only.
Jul 9, 2014 08:57
GUEST68194 I am from the US and have come to China on a tourist visa.
I now have found an awesome job and want to change my visa to a work visa.
What do I need to do? Do I have to go back home to the US or simply apply directly to Beijing Embassy? Please help!
Thanks
Peg
Jul 9, 2014 20:37
GUEST6842
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST68194

I am from the US and have come to China on a tourist visa.
I now have found an awesome job and want to change my visa to a work visa.
What do I need to do? Do I have to go back home to the US or simply apply directly to Beijing Embassy? Please help!
Thanks
Peg

Hey, you should apply for the work permit first with the help of your employer. Then you take the work permit and go back to the US to apply for the Z type. After you acquire the Z type, you should change it into a temporary resident permit within 30 days when you arrive. Then you can work legally in China.
Jul 17, 2014 17:57
GUESTLENKA Hey guys:) Can anyone please could help me with my problem? Im holding working visa currently and after my contract is over i want to get a tourist visa ato be able to ltravel to a University here in China few days later and start studying and getting a student visa. My question is: will I have to travel out of China to get tourist visa (after my working visa expires)? in both cases, where could i get it? thank u very much. I have asked too many sources but got not a single clear answer. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you
Jul 19, 2014 20:51
GUEST65367 LENKA,

According to what I know, you can apply for the L type from the local entry and exit management bureau/department after your Z type is expired. Your application should be submitted at least 7 days before your Z expires. However, different local entry and exit management bureau/departments have different rules. You may go to visit the bureau/department to confirm this. They can tell you what you should do
Aug 7, 2014 01:01
  • FREAK512
hy , there is nothing to be worried, u just contact to ur school , they can do everything for u.. even if u are on traveling visa, u can get the Z visa
Aug 7, 2014 01:19
  • FREAK512
i checked it out, and it's not a prob. sis, u can easily get L visa and then apply for Z visa, and u should go out of china to any country,HK is also ok, then u can easily get Z visa, be cool and enjoy ,, u can contact to me at gmail.com|freakymind512
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code