Menu
Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Oct 13, 2014 21:00
Updated about Z visa
During processing the Z visa ,must need your go back to your own country or go to hk to finished apply for it ,Now can not finished the Z visa without go back to your own country or hk
And also if want to do in hk during processing Z visa,then need spend much money to do it ,
Maybe you do it through visa agency will be great sucessfully get it .
Oct 16, 2014 02:08
Hey,For work visa ,there is 2 way to finished,One is go back to your own country,Second is spend some money to do it in hk.
Nov 23, 2014 06:05
  • KIENBUIVAN
How can I get working visa Z if currently holding Q1 visa and 1 year residence permit ? Do I need to leaving the country to apply for Z visa ? please help me, based on your past experiences, Thanks
Jun 24, 2015 05:53
GUESTWALTER I am in Beijing on a tourist visa. I have been hired by a company to start work on July 2, 2015 and am waiting for the Piwen and the "Duly Authorized Letter of Invitation". I should have it any day now. Can I apply at the Beijing Embassy for a "Change of Status" or do I have to fly to Hong Kong and apply there which I understand takes at least 4 days to process and I must have the original Piwen, but there are 83 other names on it as well so they only gave me a copy of it. Advice?
Jun 24, 2015 21:59
GUEST77923
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTWALTER View Post

I am in Beijing on a tourist visa. I have been hired by a company to start work on July 2, 2015 and am waiting for the Piwen and the "Duly Authorized Letter of Invitation". I should have it any day now. Can I apply at the Beijing Embassy for a "Change of Status" or do I have to fly to Hong Kong and apply there which I understand takes at least 4...

You should visit local entry and exit management bureau in Beijing and see if you can change your L into a Z type successfully. According to what I know, those who have short-term visas usually are required to apply outside of mainland China.
Jun 25, 2015 03:40
GUEST48212 Thanks!
Nov 9, 2015 07:38
GUEST23044 I have been in China working for almost 4 months on a tourist visa and getting no clear answers from my employer about the status of my work visa. I have already done one visa run to HK and dread doing it again. I'm considering giving them an ultimatum; get my Z visa in 30 days or I leave. I'm full of anxiety and anger over this.
My question is, is my employment contract valid if I am not legally working? I do not want them coming after me for flight reimbursement or apartment rental fees because I broke the contract.
Thanks in advance
Mar 16, 2016 19:43
GUEST12226 Hey guys so I am American and I want to go to China to live there, somehow get a permanent work/resident pass, I want to travel to China and look for work to live there, I am unsure of the process this requires. Hopefully I can get a reply back asap.
Mar 31, 2016 03:03
GUESTLILY Dear ARon,

Glad to see your news. Hope you have a good day.

This is Lily from visashanghai.Over 10 years Visa Shanghai has been the perfect business
companion of many successful business startups and international brands in Shanghai,
China. Our company provides efficient, effective and professional business services 
that is expected from a top performing partner.

Our Business Services:
1. Employment License, work visa, work pemit and resident permit.
2. Business visa invitation letter.
3. Work visa transfer.
4. Tourist visa and Student visa services.
5. Chinese driving license application
6. Company Set up services
7. Chinese green card.
8. Accounting services

Mobile phone number: (+86)-18818135652  Lily
My QQ:2746807576
E-mail:visashanghai.com|lily
Wechat:18170276533

Add:China·Shanghai Xu hui District, No.680 Zhaojiabang Road
Oct 20, 2016 01:43
GUEST08195 Hi, I am currently on a Z-visa category in Shanghai. Unfortunately this is the wrong type of Visa for me since I'm doing a 3-month unpaid internship. I have visited the PSB exit-entry bureau to explain my situation. They have confirmed that my visa is indeed the wrong type of visa. However, they were less than willing to explain what I should do next. Does anybody have any advice over options to resolve this problem or whether it is possible to change from category Z to F?

Thanks!

Ps: I should mention that all the previous interns for my company were issued an F type visa.
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code