Menu
The Great Wall
Apr 9, 2004 16:36
  • OLIVIA

I am 4 months pragnant, in next 2 weeks I am going to Beijing and really want to visit The Great Wall. I am not sure I can take 1 hour walk. Is there any wheelchair rented in The Great Wall ? Or is it safe to take the cable car for pragnant lady ? Xie xie
Apr 9, 2004 16:48
  • SANTANA
hi, i am a Beijing tourguide, nice to meet you in this forum.
i think it is very hard to rent wheelchair near the Greatwall, but taking cable car would be very safy for a pragnant woman like you. what i must mention about is that after get to the top of the Great wall by cable car,there are still some steps you should handle, which are quite high maybe hard for a pragnant woman to climb.
Apr 12, 2004 17:22
  • EASTEFEN
Hello! We're travelling to Beijing next month and hope to see the Great Wall. However, we have 2 children ages 6 and 3.Can someone tell me what to expect if we take our kids with us? No point in bringing a pushchair right. Also once you enter the Great Wall,do you have to go all the way to the other end to get out? I hear that there is a cable car that can take you up the wall ?
I would appreciate any information on how we can make this trip with the children. Maybe someone could tell me of their past experiences?
Which section is best : Badaling or Mutian?
Apr 12, 2004 17:23
  • ANNA
For either you needn't go through all the steps. You can turn back anywhere you want. Besides, the wall sections have not been completed explored. The end point would be somewhere on top of the mountain. So, everyone has to turn back and get down. I went to the two sections last year. They are quite different. Badaling is gentle and not very physical demanding while Mutianyu is a little steep and the steps need more efforts. But it is more beautiful than Badaling. I met two people who had their five children with them on Mutianyu. One of them is just one year old in his fathers arms. The other four are three to six years old. Taking children is not a problem, the point is you must avoid the crowds in peak seasons. Badaling is heavily toured in May.
Although You can
Post a Reply to: The Great Wall
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code