Menu
Jiuzhaigou/Hualong from Xi'an? And Chengdu from Jz/Hl?
Feb 4, 2010 08:47
  • EUGENNMD
A friend of mine and I are planning a trip to Juizhaigou from Xi'an. We would like to leave Xi'an on 7th or 8th of April.

If you have an idea on how I can find info about different modes of transportation to Juizhaigou/Hualong, how long they take, how much they cost and how can I book the tickets, please let me know.

We would like to visit Jz/Hl for 2-4 days. Any suggestions on how long you think we should stay? Also, any suggestions for places to stay at (hostels, hotels, huts)? Any suggestions on which of the two to visit first?

From Jz/Hl we would like to go to Chengdu. Any advice on how we can reach it and where to find the info?

THX A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!

PS: Overnight travel with trains fits us, and actually might be one of the preferred modes of transportation (unless trains take ages, several changes are required)
Feb 4, 2010 11:41
  • ELLYSE
The only direct mode of transport from Xi'an to Jiuzhaigou would be by flight. Considering the costs of going via Chengdu, Chongqing or elsewhere, I think this would be the most value-for-money option.
I presume you mean Huanglong, not Hualong?
Unfortunately there's no train station at Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong, so train isn't an option.
I would recommend 2 days for Jiuzhaigou and 1 day at Huanglong.
There're lots of different kinds of accommodation lining the road for a few km starting from the park entrance.
Going from Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong to Chengdu you could either take a flight, or a long-distance bus that takes about 10 hours in the daytime. There're no overnight buses. I would prefer the flight if budget allows.
http://www.jiuzhai.com has good information, and it does have an English-language version.
If you have any more queries, you can email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg EUGENNMD) in the subject line.
Feb 8, 2010 12:03
GUEST15115 Thx a lot for the info!
Feb 8, 2010 13:25
  • ELLYSE
No problem, you're welcome.
Post a Reply to: Jiuzhaigou/Hualong from Xi'an? And Chengdu from Jz/Hl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code